$80K — $100K *
National Grid is hiring for an Product Owner, Platform Security (Server) for our Cybersecurity service team in Waltham, MA.
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
We are looking for a Product Owner in the Platform domain, to specialize in Server security controls. This is a critical security domain ensuring the security of our networks and keep US energy services secure using the latest technologies and innovations.
As a Product Owner you will drive the development and release of innovative products, features and services that answer pressing business needs. You inspire the team to achieve our product vision by effectively communicating the roadmap and associated products. You work alongside the Product Manager to deliver on the roadmap by writing descriptive, achievable requirements. You promote agile working practises and partner with the engineering team to define and design and ensure the product vision is achievable. You bring the customer voice to the conversation and ensure the delivery of value to our customers.
This is a new role with a new team who have recently transformed to new ways of working. We are looking for an experienced Product Owner with good cyber security knowledge, experience of working alongside engineering teams, and high impact leadership skills. This is a great opportunity to help build a high performing team in a critical infrastructure industry.
• Impactful; delivering value through continuous improvement of products and services to secure our environment.
• Accountability for development of products in the Endpoint security domain to create successful business outcomes
• Plan for feature releases against an agile framework, lead engineering to deliver against goals, manage user expectations and maximise value to customers across the full product lifecycle
• Collaborate with the product manager, other product owners, and engineering teams
• Ability to work both with engineers on a technical level, business stakeholders and manage vendor relationships
• Good understanding of endpoint technologies and environments, cyber threats, and risks, to inform decision making
• Prioritise engineering effort effectively; manage trade-offs between tactical priorities and strategic fit and use data on current performance and threat insights to inform decisions
• Deeply understand customer, business and stakeholder needs, desires and area trends and keep them at the centre of all you do
• Provide product expertise for the rest of the organisation, invest in understanding current innovations and practices and bringing these to life in National Grid
• Strong track record of understanding customer needs, creating innovative outcomes to problems and leading engineering teams to deliver successful products
• Adept at working with users and groups at all levels to obtain requirements
• A critical thinker with an analytical mind-set and adept at evaluating opportunities to reach goals
• An agile mind-set with experience using agile frameworks
• Knowledge/experience of MS O365, SNOW, Jira, Confluence
• Experience with Endpoint technologies, and the Endpoint security domain
• Knowledge of Endpoint Security utilising variety of technology stacks including various cloud (Azure, AWS etc.) on-premise and remote working environments
• Knowledge/experience with Microsoft Azure services (AAD, O365, InTune, Defender ATP)
• Knowledge/experience of Endpoint Detection and Response technologies, local administration controls, application whitelisting and finger printing.
• Experience of working with global teams and stakeholders
• Prior Critical National Infrastructure (CNI) and utility industry experience preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in Software engineering, Computing or related disciplines (or relevant professional experience)
• 3 years minimum experience in a product or engineering role with responsibility for, and demonstrable success with, at least one major internal enterprise, external commercial or consumer product (or equivalent)
• English language fluency
• 3+ years of Cyber security experience
• 3+ years of experience with Windows 7 / 10, Large scale deployment, monitoring and Active Directory
• Strong knowledge and experience designing and implementing technical security solutions within the Endpoint Security domain
• Training and certification as a professional scrum product owner (PSPO) or as a certified scrum product owner (CSPO).
• CISSP, CISM
• At least 1 years of experience in IT Delivery projects
• At least 1 years of experience in system analysis Agile Processes
• Experience leveraging Design Thinking concepts to build digital experiences to meet customer needs
• Experience of working as a security architect working closely with business stakeholders
Valid through: 4/23/2021