At Univar Solutions, we’re building on our more than 90 years of experience and drawing on deep resources – inventory and logistics experts, scientists, PhDs, procurement, customer service, sales and marketers-to deliver consultative services and an unmatched portfolio to solve customers’ formulation and operational challenges. When you work for Univar Solutions, you’ll play an important role in shaping how we deliver more than chemical and ingredients.
About the Role:
At Univar Solutions, our vision is to redefine distribution and be the world’s most valued chemical and ingredient distributor. We are hiring a Digital Product Owner to help us build the vision, strategy, and roadmap to enable best-in-class, marketing automation capabilities. Our ideal candidate will have a passion for leveraging automation systems to build and scale trigger emails that deliver relevant content and messages, based on customer interactions with our various touchpoints. This role will drive the roadmap and strategy to create global capabilities that will be customized and deployed, as necessary, in our operating regions. This role will bring operational and analytic rigor to the team, along with marketing automation systems expertise in Salesforce, Marketing Cloud (or Pardot), to ensure that these systems are efficiently linked, campaigns are maximized, and leads are tracked/delivered.
What You Will Be Doing:
Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Demand Capture, this role will work directly with Digital Solutions, Marketing, Product Management, Sales, Sales Operations, and IT teams to identify, prioritize, and enhance campaigns that extend Univar Solution’s reach in the market. The incumbent will:
- Build the roadmap and drive sprint team activity
- Identify opportunities to deliver relevant customer messages based in triggers / interactions across traditional and digital touch points.
- Automate customer targeting based on the customers’ purchasing behaviors and digital interactions, to reactivate lapsed customers and engage existing customers.
- Determine, develop and deliver product roadmap based on insights, key stakeholder insights/recommendations and emerging technologies.
- Act as subject matter expert on marketing automation.
- Manage the day-to-day operation and reporting
- Implement email templates, landing pages, campaign flows, and dashboards.
- Partner with Sales Operations, Digital IT and Advanced Analytics to optimize and maintain Marketing Cloud & Salesforce integration, lead management, & task generation.
- Measure and report results, maintain quality of customer lists & suppression, develop and execute testing programs for continued email performance optimization.
- Take initiative to drive innovation
- Proactively propose new, innovative ways of reaching/engaging with target audiences.
- Continuously learn about new technologies and techniques, proactively advise how the company can make the most of its marketing automation platform.
- Drive improvements and innovation in relation to lead generation, pipeline management and metrics with demand generation team.
Desired Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Computer Science or similar fields; MBA a plus
- 5 years’ experience with analytics in a marketing environment.
- 5 years’ experience in email marketing and marketing automation, especially Salesforce & Marketing Automation (e.g. Pardot, Marketing Cloud); B2B experience is a plus.
- Proven track record of delivering Demand Capture/Generation campaigns with strong results
- Analytically minded, results driven, strong attention to detail, organized, capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Effective relationship building and influencing skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Strong team player and strong collaboration skills.
Desired Knowledge and Skills:
- Quantitative thinker, who measures in numbers and not letters.
- Strong attention to detail, organized and capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with minimal supervision; strive for 100% responsibility and accountability.
- Effective relationship building, communication and influencing skills.
- Effective team player, proactive collaborator and positive reinforcer.
- Experience creating SFDC campaigns, reports, dashboards and custom lead views.
- Excellent MS Office skills, including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Programming skills (i.e. Python, SQL) for customer analysis and tracking results are a plus.
- Proficiency in social media, paid search and organic search are a plus.
- Building Customer Loyalty: Meeting and exceeding (internal or external) customer expectations while cultivating relationships that secure commitment and trust.
- Execution and Driving for Results: Setting high goals for personal and group accomplishment; using measurement methods to monitor progress toward goals; tenaciously working to meet or exceed goals while deriving satisfaction from that achievement and continuous improvement.
- Continuous Improvement: Originating action to improve existing conditions and processes; identifying improvement opportunities, generating ideas, and implementing solutions.
- Driving Innovation: Initiating and maintaining strategic relationships with stakeholders and potential partners inside and outside the organization (e.g., customers, peers, cross-functional partners, external vendors, and alliance partners) who are willing and able to provide the information, ideas, expertise, and/or influence needed to advance understanding of business issues and achieve business goals.
- Collaborating: Working cooperatively with others to help a team or work group achieve its goals.