Ascend Learning; LLC is a leading provider of technology-based educational, curriculum and assessment solutions for high-growth careers in a range of industries, including healthcare, fitness and wellness, and insurance and financial services. We provide outcomes-based solutions aimed at helping people enter, sustain and succeed in their chosen fields. Ascend employs more than 1,000 employees, with headquarters in Burlington, Mass., and offices in Kansas City metro, Phoenix metro, Minneapolis-St. Paul, Walnut Creek, California, Ann Arbor, Michigan, New York, and the U.K.
ATI Nursing Education, a division of Ascend Learning is the leading provider of online instruction, remediation, analytics, and consulting solutions for nursing programs. Founded in 1998, ATI uses progressive data analytics and compelling content to help nursing students master core content, develop into practice-ready nurses, and succeed on the NCLEX. Together with nursing schools, we’re preparing the next generation of nurse leaders, ready to provide skilled and safe nursing care in a rapidly changing healthcare marketplace. Currently, ATI works with 20,000+ nurse educators, 2,500 nursing programs, and 225,000+ students.
ATI is hiring a product owner to work across the product lifecycle focused on the execution of design, build, testing, and launch of new or enhanced customer solutions. This role will work cross-functionally with product, development, service, sales, and customer stakeholders to lead the successful delivery of the strategic product vision. This position will also measure the product post-launch to ensure product efficacy, customer adoption and satisfaction and focus on educational platform and remediation products.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Lead, collaborate with, and motivate a cross-functional team of designers, educational content experts, editorial and media professionals, technical developers, testers and others to develop, execute and release in alignment with program and/or product roadmaps.
- Monitor all phases of product development and help to resolve roadblocks to ensure deadlines are met.
- Serve as direct representative of the business with delivery teams, representing/reinforcing the customers' perspective throughout the product realization cycle.
- Work collaboratively with product managers and other business leaders to define strategic vision for new and existing products.
- Gather and document detailed requirements, functional specifications, user stories, and acceptance criteria for product and process enhancements.
- Actively support design and prototype work. Solicit customer and other stakeholder feedback on concepts and create wireframes.
- In conjunction with the product managers, manage, prioritize, and assess the impact of all work items, such as new features, defects, product backlog, etc., including providing the decision to create, fix or defer at the product level.
- Assist with product/project level plans related to launch schedule, scope and resources. Attend project meetings and scrum meetings including standups, retrospectives, and demos, working in partnership with agile teams on execution.
- Assist with functional testing for assigned products, including reviewing and accepting or declining output of development to ensure specified acceptance criteria have been completed.
- Lead go-to-market/launch, communication, and training plans, working with marketing, sales, operations/service, and development teams.
- Build and coordinate marketing, sales, and service plans for release of features and products.
- Drive ongoing improvements and efficiencies in product health, operational practices, tools and processes.
- Understand current market trends and how it applies to the ATI customer
- Coordinate pilot product process.
- Oversee product incidents and questions from customers and prioritize needs.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience
- Required 4+ years of relevant experience
- Experience working with education software and/or other product management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience using one or more mock-up/wire-framing tools and using product management and development tracking tools (e.g. Aha!, JIRA) preferred
- Pragmatic Marketing experiencepreferred
Skills and Abilities
- Proven history of gathering requirements for product launches
- Strong business acumen
- Natural leader in a matrixed organization
- Ability to be creative and bring the creative ideas of others to market
- Ability to function effectively during ambiguous tasks
- Ability to own tasks outside of immediate scope of responsibility
- Collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team
- Technical aptitude to partner with development teams
- Analytical thinker and problem solver
- Detail oriented with a strong focus on quality, deadlines and reporting
Ascend Learning, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (M/F/Vets/Disabled). No agency or search firm submissions will be accepted. Applications for U.S. based positions with Ascend Learning, LLC must be legally authorized to work in the United States and verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.