Kneat Solutions is looking to hire an experienced Product Owner to join our software team in Limerick and support the successful delivery of projects to our clients.
This will be a key role within an agile team working in a highly collaborative manner with our customers, account managers, scrum masters, developers and QC engineers.
You will be responsible for defining and documenting the business requirements for our solution. You will work directly with our customers and account managers in order to determine and document their business requirements.
This role requires an experienced person to produce and maintain solution requirement documentation that is easily and clearly understood by both our customers and our delivery team.
Primary Responsibilities Include
- Working with our customers to explore and understand their business requirements and
- transform these into detailed functional specifications that can be delivered by our software
- Participating in delivery team agile ceremonies including sprint meetings, sprint planning,
- backlog grooming.
- Be the primary go-to person within the delivery team in relation to customer requirements.
- Performing user story decomposition, if required.
- Defining acceptance criteria for user stories and reviewing with the team and Product Owner to ensure that stakeholder and Product Owner intent is effectively captured and developed.
- Ensuring solution requirements documentation is kept up to date for the duration of the project.
- Degree or equivalent in a computing or engineering discipline.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience as a Product Owner working primarily in the software development industry.
- Strong team player with a results-oriented track record.
- Experience of Agile / Scrum methodology essential.
- The role has a strong customer-facing element, so the candidate must be confident and comfortable in dealing with personnel at all levels and possess well-developed communication and presentation skills.
- Experience creating software functional specifications and business process flows.
- Develop user stories, define acceptance criteria and manage prioritization of product backlog in an agile environment
- Proven ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Proven ability to read, analyse, and interpret complex documents and to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints from customers.
- Ability to solve complex problems and take an innovative approach to problem solving.
- Participate in continuous improvement practices.
- Demonstrate a proactive approach, getting things done, accountability & ownership, prioritize own workload.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English as this will be a customer-facing role.
- Experience working in life sciences industries or regulated industries.
- Good understanding of high-level software architectural concepts such as data-models, process flows and context diagrams etc.
- Ability to have a positive impact on team members and communicate openly and directly to individuals or groups at all levels.
- Previous software development or quality assurance experience would be a significant advantage.