OPENLANE is looking for a Product Owner to join the Online Product Management team, with a focus on our online, business-to- business auction platform. The Online Product Management team is responsible for product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, sales, marketing and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. Data will be a key tool for the Product Owner; from understanding user search patterns to influencing purchase behavior through pricing guidance and prior transaction history.
In this role, you will leverage your unique combination of business and technical knowledge to evaluate technical options and to represent business requirements to the technology organization. Additionally, the Product Owner will evangelize and educate other teams on how the platform’s capabilities can be utilized by other OPENLANE products and services.
- “Owning” the product feature set for the business line to which the PO is assigned
- Establish short term and long term strategies with problem solving
- Lead multiple scrum teams and manage product life cycle from conception to development to release
- Convert product ideas to epics, features and stories
- Build, prioritize and maintain product backlog
- Lead backlog grooming and prioritization of multiple product lines during the release planning process
- Initiating and prioritizing projects within Engineering and QA, tracking product development, and developing launch plans
- Acting as the voice of the customer in all interaction with Engineering
- Documenting clear, concise product specifications
- Present to client leadership through onsite meetings, tradeshows/conferences,conference calls, emails, and other daily/weekly/monthly interactions.
Education and Qualification Requirements:
- BA/BSc in Computer Science, Information Technology or related technical field, MBA a plus
- 3 + years software (preferably Internet, eCommerce or Enterprise Software) Product Management experience
- Experience with Agile transformation and/or agile development methodologies (XP, Scrum) and tools (Jira); SAFe agileexperience a plus;
- Cross-platform experience with design and/or development of Web and Mobile, a plus
- A passion for creating an exceptional customer experiencerequired
- Experience writing customer-focused product specifications (writing samples may be requested)
- Solid understanding of responsive web technology (AWS, Node JS, Microservices, test automation, Web Services, XML, FTP, JSP etc.) and services oriented architecture
- Automotive knowledge a plus
- Ability to adapt to new technologies and tools quickly a requirement
- Must exhibit strong team player attributes with the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Self starter able to learn quickly and to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Excellent attention to detail yet ability to understand the big picture
- Sense of urgency for completion of critical tasks
- Ability to work in a cross-functional environment (e.g. Product Management, Engineering, Operations, Marketing, Production/Design, Finance, QA)
- Results-driven individual who does whatever it takes to succeed and loves a challenge
- Previous start-up experience is a strong plus.