OPENLANE is looking for a Product Owner to join the Online Product Management team, with a focus on our online, business-to- business auction platform. The Online Product Management team is responsible for product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, sales, marketing and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. Job located in Carmel, Indiana.
As the Integrations Product Owner, you will be primarily responsible for our integration efforts (i.e., initiating, developing and maintaining relationships with otherinternal systems, back-office, third parties and client systems; defining integration methods and standards; etc.). Integrations drive the daily business processes, data, and automation needs. We are looking for an individual with a strong background in systems integration, developing business/customer insights, and building relationships with internal partners, third parties, and clients, as well as execution of integrations from design through to, release
In this role, you will leverage your unique combination of business and technical knowledge to evaluate technical options and to represent business requirements to the technology organization. Additionally, the Product Owner will evangelize and educate other teams on how the platform’s integration capabilities can be utilized by other OPENLANE products and services.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the technology and auction platforms as it relates to integration of external technology, data and content with OPENLANE applications.
- Improve and streamline processes and systems related to vehicle data, data quality, data accuracy, data usability, value creation, and machine learning.
- Interface directly with our integration partners to understand integration touch points and technical considerations of their solution. Then collaborate with our Design and Engineering teams to develop a product plan and prioritize features that bring the most value to our customers.
- Write requirements on data or parameters, considering business rules, validations, and exceptions.
- Establish, develop and maintain relationships with a diverse range of integration partners.
- Establish short and long term strategies for Integrations
- Convert product ideas to epics, features, and stories
- Act as lead member of scrum team and manage product life cycle from conception to development to release often working with remote teams
- Build, prioritize and maintain product backlog
- Acting as the voice of the customer in all interaction with Engineering
- Documenting clear, concise product specifications
- Validate user-end testing of development deliverables to ensure the highest quality product is delivered to customers.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
Education and Qualification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science or related field, MBA a plus
- four (4) + years software (preferably the Internet, eCommerce or Enterprise Software) Product Management and Business Analysis experience
- Cross-platform product management experience with design and development of systems integration is a must
- Automotive knowledge a plus
- Ability to identify potential new sources of information that could be leveraged by OPENLANE in driving increased website traffic, enhancing its current product offerings and identify potential new opportunities.
- Experience with Agile transformation and Agile development methodologies (XP, Scrum) and tools (Jira); SAFe Agileexperience a plus;
- Solid understanding of web technology (Web Services, API, XML, FTP, JSP, SSO etc.) and services oriented architecture
- Ability to write SQL queries is a must
- Ability to adapt to new technologies and tools quickly a requirement
- Must exhibit strong team player attributes with the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Self-starter able to learn quickly and to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Excellent attention to detail yet able to understand the big picture
- Sense of urgency for completion of critical tasks
- Ability to work in a cross-functional environment (e.g. Product Management, Engineering, Operations, Marketing, Production/Design, Finance, QA)
- Results-driven individual who does whatever it takes to succeed and loves a challenge.