ADESA is looking for a Product Owner to join the Product Management team, with focus on our LiveBlock Simulcast auction platform.
The Product Owner is responsible for product development execution of the vision of the Product Manager. The Product Owner performs as a product and functional expert within the development life cycle framework. The essential function of the Product Owner is to devise a functional solution of the product vision, and deliver working software. The Product Owner seeks satisfied product developers, and product managers. Primary deliverables include product requirements document, features matrix, user stories, and roadmaps. The Product Owner supports the Product Manager with development of market requirements documents. The PO internally interfaces with engineering, product manager, and project management. The PO should have a technical, formalized, and deterministic mindset.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Define the product roadmap in alignment with strategy
- Act as a product expert and functional leader within the company
- Work closely with Product Managers to build market empathy
- Deliver product requirements with prioritized features and stories, including corresponding justification
- Determine product success metrics
- Be an expert with respect to the competition
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Product Owner
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products
- Preferred 5+ years of experience in a job in the automotive sales, remarketing or auction services markets
- Technical background, with experience in software development methodologies like Agile, Kanban, Lean, and SAFe.
- Business Skills – Able to comprehend the business context and market problem that drive the building of a product.
- Conceptualization Skills – Able to create product architecture, and evaluate and foresee the applicability of diverse architectural designs relative to the product.
- Engineering Skills – Able to advocate and relate to different product development methods and modelling techniques.
- Leadership Skills – Able to rally and gain backing from internal stakeholders in order to build organizational support for the proposed architecture.
- Mentoring Skills – Able to counsel teams and individuals to wholly understand and effectively implement the proposed architecture.
- Technology Skills – Able to understand in-depth, analyze and select current and emerging technologies that are pertinent to the product and company.
- Visionary Skills – Able to create and articulate architectural and technical visions for the product.
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Must be able to travel 25% of the time
- Ability to work across multiple projects simultaneously
- Cross-platform software development with design and development of systems integration
- Demonstrated collaboration, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Analytic, highly creative and business-focused problem solver
- Excellent attention to detail yet ability to understand the big picture
- Sense of urgency for completion of critical tasks
- Bachelor's degree
- Some travelrequired
- Experience in developing enterprise applications which are deployed across multiple countries & geographies
- Previous wholesale auction inventory and sales management operations or systems experience
- Strong system design experience
- Agile, Kanban, Lean & Scaled Agile Framework experience.