Join Our Team: Do Meaningful Work and Improve People’s Lives
Our purpose, to improve customers’ lives by making healthcare work better, is far from ordinary. And so are our employees. Working at Premera means you have the opportunity to drive real change by transforming healthcare.
To better serve our customers, we’re creating a culture that promotes employee growth, collaborative innovation, and inspired leadership. We are committed to creating an environment where employees can do their best work and where best-in-class talent comes, stays, and thrives!
As a Product Owner on the IT Applications Systems Administration Team you will utilize customer contacts and Admin resources to research and identify solutions that are suited to current and future needs of the business and IT community. As you perform detailed technical analysis and translate business requirements into specifications and deliverables, you will be responsible to triage, validate, and identify trends, opportunities, and root cause in order to support decision making within an agile team.
What you’ll do
- Engage with the business and facilitate cross functional team discussions to ensure a thorough understanding of customer objectives, and requirements
- Develop clear and concise documentation of customer objectives, requirements and detailed specifications
- Perform impact analysis, provide feedback on customer change requests, draw conclusions and recommend resolution
- Identify improvement opportunities through analysis
- Identify emerging trends in IT solutions in order to better align technical solutions with customer needs and ensuring the delivered solution meets customer requirements
- Understand process analysis and cost versus benefit analysis; and apply these skills routinely
- Follow industry standard methodologies and guidelines to manage and execute project activities
- Research, inform and recommend opportunities to apply business and technology solutions to areas of assigned responsibilities
- Provide mentorship and direction to more junior analysts within the team
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor's degree or 4 years’ work experience
- 5 years’ experience in Information Technology or business systems analysis
- Working knowledge of analytical tools, relational databases and PC applications
- Strong work ethic and the ability to manage the work of others on the team
- Customer focused – responsible for outreach to customers and be the first point of contact for incoming work/projects
- Proven ability to analyze complex data, processes, configuration tools and methodologies
What we offer
- Medical, vision and dental coverage
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement programs (401K employer match and pension plan)
- Wellness incentives, onsite services, a discount program and more
- Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Generous Paid Time Off to reenergize
- Free parking
Equal employment opportunity/affirmative action:
Premera is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Premera seeks to attract and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.