Industry: Accounting, Finance & Insurance•
8 - 10 years
Posted 178 days ago
Reach Your Peak with ICMA-RC, a FINANCIAL SERVICES LEADER in public sector employee retirement products and services. Headquartered in Washington, DC, our Financial Services corporation manages over $50 billion in retirement plan assets for more than one million participant accounts. We are constantly looking for ways to create new opportunities to serve our participants. We have an extraordinary talent base and invite you to consider joining ICMA-RC's Future Focus Team.
The main role of the Product Owner is to serve the end-user, customer or stakeholders of the product. The Product Owner will be a member of a Product Owner / Product Management team and will be assigned to a scrum team. The Product Owner is responsible for planning and directing activities to ensure the timely development and delivery of reliable and efficient solutions to business requirements. The Product Owner works with Business Owners to create acceptance criteria to validate that the resulting product / product increments meet requirements as defined. They are a critical role to the execution of Scrum and work closely with the Product Manager to plan.
The Product Owner is responsible for conveying the business vision to the scrum teams. The role shall define the iterations/sprints, collaborate with the scrum master, work with business units, agile teams and individual developers to ensure delivery is timely, complete and of the highest quality. The Product Owner must work closely with business stakeholders to prioritize the product backlog. The Product Owner shall determine the completeness of all user stories, features and other backlog items and declare them complete and ready for demonstration to the business owners and stakeholders during the iteration review / sprint demo. The Product Owner shall also assist in the coordination of Essential SAFe® Program Level events such as the Product Owner Sync, Program Increment (PI) Planning, System Demos, Inspect and Adapt (I&A) event, etc.
Essential functions for this role include:
• Work with assigned Product Manager to understand approved Features and translating them into executable product use cases, scenarios and user stories
• Utilize collaboration skills with system’s thinking mentality to work with technical and non-technical stakeholders to continually ensure their team is executing the highest priority, value added work.
• Develop subject matter expertise related to products and technical best practices
• Serve as sole interface with scrum team(s) by working with key program stakeholders and consolidating, validating, filtering requests for new requirements impacting development and configuration work
• Own prioritization of the team product backlog including definition of user stories, enablers, definition of done and acceptance criteria
• Work with assigned engineering scrum teams to plan workflow and manage cross team / organizational dependencies, risks, etc.
• Define iterations / sprints and manage backlog to plan
• Identification and escalation of issues/obstacles to delivering the Features as defined
• Responsible for delivering a working system at the end of every iteration and Program Increment
• Responsible for delivering finished product / features (including documentation, adequate testing, appropriate functional and performance capabilities) as co-defined with Product Manager
• Primary party responsible for accepting stories as truly done
• Plan and assist in the management of all Essential SAFe® Team and Program level events Requirements If you have the following credentials, we encourage you to apply:
• BA/BS or equivalent experience (Business, scientific or technical field); 7-10 years of experience
• 7+ years of progressive experience working in a Product Management team in technology related field, with financial services experience a plus
• 1 year experience working within a SAFe® Agile Release Train (ART) environment
• Experience functioning in a fast-paced environment as a Product Owner
• Agile certifications desired, but must possess either the CSPO or, preferably, the SAFe® Product Owner / Product Manager (POPM) certification
• Background in system application product development / management; must be able to understand the technical aspect of the product, while also possessing the business acumen necessary to effectively communicate with the business owners and stakeholders
• Ability to effectively work with Product Manager to translate business owner and stakeholder needs into consumable Epics, Features and Stories with tangible acceptance criteria
• Ability to lead teams and drive Epics / Features to successful outcomes
• Possesses strong collaboration skills with system’s thinking mentality
• Experience managing release activities
• Ability to function with high level of autonomy/self-directed
• Demonstrated capability of coming up to speed on new technologies quickly
• SAFe® Agile Release Train (ART)
• Solid written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to understand, work with, and shape the vision of customers and stakeholders
• Understanding of agile development practices, including Agile Scrum
For your well-being, we offer a solid compensation and benefits package that features a competitive salary, a straight-forward incentive plan that rewards results, and a 401(k) Plan. For your career, we offer tuition reimbursement, professional development courses, seminars, career enrichment assignments, mentoring programs and a record of enterprise growth that creates continuing opportunities for career advancement. Consider ICMA-RC, and respond in strictest confidence. ICMA-RC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity in the workplace. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply. We look forward to hearing from you.