Technical Product Owner – Payments
The Technical Product Owner Payments functions as a PO in the Digital space utilizing agile methodologies to set, prioritize, and evaluate the work generated by the development team. Dollar General is seeking a strong, highly motivated individual with a strong background in technology and a passion to deliver innovative software solutions that will help grow the business.
You embrace continuous integration and deployment, and are excited by the challenges of delivering next-generation applications that produce our digital applications. Looking for someone knowledgeable in DevOps/CICD.
- Bachelors or advanced degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, or related field or equivalent working experience
- 5+ years of experience as a product owner leading scrum teams in a technical capacity
- 3+ years of experience with payment systems (gateways, processors, networks, etc..)
- Knowledge of fraud protection services is a plus
- Retail experience is a must
- Alternate payment methods a plus (ApplePay, GooglePay, EBT, PayPal)
- Excellent communication skills and ability to drive cross-functional project execution
- Experience successfully driving end-to-end delivery of payment solutions, including a wide variety of mechanisms, e.g. dashboards, APIs, real time alerts, integrations, etc.
- Provides quality leadership to support the development team
- Able to identify problems, collect data, analyze data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
Skills and Experience needed:
- Responsible for innovation and end-to-end launch of products.
- Collaborates with partners and customers to co-develop a roadmap and drive products and features from concept to launch in a fast-paced environment.
- Works with cross-functional teams and various stakeholders, including analytics, design/user experience, engineering, and user enablement.
- Turns data insights into products with actionable outcomes to the ultimate customer.
- Works in an agile environment and continuously reviews the business needs, refines priorities, outlines milestones and deliverables, and identifies opportunities and risks.
- Partners with stakeholders and customers across the organization to inform the product vision, strategy, features, and prioritization.
- Develops, owns, and executes product roadmap.
- Translates product roadmap features into well-defined product requirements including features, user stories, and acceptance test criteria.
- Prioritizes and maintains the sprint backlog for assigned products, balancing the requirements of stakeholders.
- Leads the product functional design process based on an intimate knowledge of the users and technology.
- Defines and executes go-to-market plan, working to ensure that product management, marketing, and sales have what they need to be successful.
- Develops and maintains appropriate tracking and reporting of product performance post-launch to evaluate future investment.