Job Description & Qualifications
Come be a part of the future of Marketing at Ford. The Digital Product Owner is the product's key business stakeholder, aligning to product visions and prioritizing product deliverables within an agile development team environment. The ideal candidate will have a technical foundation in web platforms, agile development methodologies, is familiar with User Experience best practices and possess solid leadership skills to lead internal and agency teams in developing the near and far roadmap for these experiences. This individual will be the primary point of contact for internal, partner and vendor leads related to the digital brand site.
- Serve as the day-to-day product lead, driving best-in-class user experience, performance and leading product development and cross-function collaboration for the Product.
- Lead a team of designers, developers and interface with Business and Technology leadership.
- Guide the strategic vision through design, to requirements, and finally delivery.
- Drive the product vision established by digital strategy, representing the voice of business and the consumer
- Facilitate project lifecycle events – requirements gathering, UX/UI design, development phases, etc.
- Understand the business, technology and process context in which a product delivers value
- Partner with Digital Property Owners to understand the larger digital strategic vision and align user stories to these objectives
- Write new user stories, ensuring that acceptance criteria are met when code is complete
- Drive release planning and forecasting
- Partner with business and analytics team to identify and define clear and measurable strategy KPIs
- Maintain the product feature roadmap, managing backlog prioritization and engage primary stakeholders across the organization
- Set criteria for Minimum Viable Product to increase the speed/frequency with which enhancements and new capabilities are delivered
- Manage relationships with third-party partners and drive shared projects to completion
- Gather requirements, understand user needs, define functional specifications in the form of user stories, wireframes and user flows to communicate ideas between design, technology and operational teams
- Possess a combination of strong analytical, problem solving, and data manipulation skills and experience
- Storyteller with the ability to synthesize analytic findings into actionable strategic recommendations
- Self-starter and critical thinker, highly ambitious and deeply curious
- A high level of enthusiasm for building the business and capacity to overcome obstacles
- Ability to own project goals and work independently
- An entrepreneurial attitude and eagerness to learn, fail and try again
- Demonstrates strong leadership, interpersonal, teambuilding, and communication skills
- Bachelor's degree required
- 4+ years of digital product management experience bringing products to market
- Working knowledge of Adobe Marketing Suite, capabilities and best practices
- Advanced skills in MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Proven track record of taking new products from concept to launch utilizing agile methodologies
- Solid understanding of UX principles, trends and best practices
- Understanding of software development and release planning
- Excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills Outstanding oral and written communication skills – regularly interfacing with other Digital Marketing leads, Brand teams and Senior Leadership
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail and ability to thrive in a high-pace, performance driven environment
- Experience with agency/client relations (either on the agency side or on the client side)