The Product Owner will be responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive approach to deliver one or more products, capabilities, services, or enhancements in accordance with the product roadmap. Works with Product Managers, Business Leaders, and a cross-functional Scrum team to deliver the product to the Client. Manages the overall effort to deliver products, capabilities, services and enhancements using the strategic vision as well as established key performance indicators. Understands the functionality and determines the release sequence. Prioritizes and maintains the product backlog and performs just-in-time story elaboration with the development team.
Due to current COVID-19 restrictions, this is a temporary work from home role but will ultimately work in the Atlanta, GA office.
- Support Release Train and scrum team(s) via Product Increment (PI) planning, defect prioritization, managing the product backlog and software development details, and maintaining velocity.
- Assist in the prioritization and management of the backlog and implementation, ensure product execution meets strategy and requirements, and refine features into user stories and story acceptance criteria.
- Partner with Product Managers to understand and influence product strategy and roadmaps, aggregate and conceive ideas for enhancing product performance and achieving product success/KPIs.
- Partner with a scrum team to build, enhance and manage one or more products, capabilities or services.
- Facilitate solution optioning with Engineering.
- Coordinate with other Agile Product Managers to deliver on a vision that crosses multiple delivery streams or release trains.
Sales and Client Engagement:
- Partner with sales, sales operations, client solutions, and client marketing teams to communicate product performance and value for in-market products.
- Relationship Management – Implements stakeholder engagement communications plan. Deals with problems and issues, managing resolutions, corrective actions, lessons learned and the collection and dissemination of relevant information. Collects and uses feedback from customers and stakeholders to help measure effectiveness of stakeholder management. Helps develop and enhance customer and stakeholder relationships.
- Requirements Definition & Management – Defines and manages scoping, requirements definition and prioritization activities for small-scale changes and assists with more complex change initiatives. Follows agreed standards, applying appropriate techniques to elicit and document detailed requirements. Provides constructive challenge to stakeholders as required. Prioritizes requirements and documents traceability to source. Reviews requirements for errors and omissions. Provides input to the requirements base-line, investigates, manages and applies authorized requests for changes to base-lined requirements, in line with change management policy.
- Project Management – Defines, documents and carries out small projects or sub-projects (typically less than 6 months, with limited budget, limited interdependency with other projects, and no significant strategic impact), alone or with a small team, actively participating in all phases. Identifies, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project. Applies appropriate project management methods and tools whether predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches. Agrees project approach with stakeholders, and prepares realistic plans (including quality, risk and communication plans) and tracks activities against the project schedule, managing stakeholder involvement as appropriate. Monitors costs, timescales and resources used, and takes action where these deviate from agreed tolerances. Ensures that own projects are formally closed and, where appropriate, subsequently reviewed, and that lessons learned are recorded.
- Product Management – Applies standard techniques and tools to carry out analysis and performance monitoring activities for specified products. Supports problem resolution, resolves issues and acts on feedback and usage of in-life products. Contributes product collateral and monitors results and feedback from product launches. Typically, responsible for one product, depending upon the product’s complexity.
- Other duties as needed or required
- Requires physical ability and mental acuity to execute the duties of the position successfully within required timeframes in order to meet business requirements.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering, Communications, or a related field.
- 3 years; or equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Experience working on digital marketplaces
- Working knowledge of Product specialty/job area principles concepts, practices.
- Working knowledge of SAFe Agile Methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to translate data into quantifiable actions/deliverables.
- Strong writing ability.
- Work experience in design, development and implementation of product plans.
- Working experience in full product lifecycle methodologies.
- Working experience in creating, prioritizing and recommending epics and features.
- Working experience in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment.