Coalfire is the cybersecurity advisor that helps private and public sector organizations avert threats, close gaps, and effectively manage risk. Our professionals are among the most talented in the industry, and each and every day, they strive to provide the unbiased assessments, advice, and innovative solutions that help our clients meet their specific challenges and build long-term strategies to protect their organizations. For nearly 20 years, we’ve been on the cutting-edge of one of the world’s most important industries – and we’re committed to making the world a safer place by solving our clients’ toughest security challenges.
We’re growing rapidly and are currently seeking an Product Owner to support our Product Development Team. This is a remote position.
What you'll do
The Product Owner must be excited to solve complex business problems all while delighting our customers. This person must be a great storyteller, often reconciling opposing opinions, that can piece together software features to solve real business objectives. Has a strong process for agile project management. This person must be able to quickly vet designs and concepts with our customers and discover great products and will be an excellent translator between our software development teams, our business owners, and our customers.
- Be the sole product owner for a complex cybersecurity product
- Represent the vision and customer needs to the team, answering questions and facilitating conversations needed to get the work done
- Properly utilize 2-3 SCRUM teams to deliver on the business objectives
- Provide context for, prioritize and accept the work demoed by the agile team, specifically ensuring the right value is delivered
- Create, own and manage the team backlog, constantly collaborating with stakeholders and the team to ensure work items are refined and prioritized
- Continuously engage with the business, technology and other key stakeholders to stay informed, nurturing strong and trusting relationships and increasing business knowledge to represent the product vision, which includes technical enablers and managing technical debt
- Gather, review, analyze, validate, evaluate and map user requirements
- Work within our fully integrated development process, alongside engineering management, to meet business timelines and quality goals
- Partner with product designers to create an appealing product
- Keep the project on schedule, on budget, and meeting its business objectives
- Partner with marketing and the business to promote the product
- Actively participate in team ceremonies as a proxy for the customer/business
- Assist in developing user documentation and departmental policies and procedures that impact the use of application systems.
- Partner with sales to give demos and sell our product
- Exemplify agile principles, encourages good practices, encourages and assists team in maturing.
- Help identify organizational impediments and works with the leadership team to create effective strategies to overcome them
- Some travel, including occasional international travel, will be required once Coalfire offices reopen and international travel restrictions are normalized.
What you'll bring
- Fluency in Spanish and English
- 3+ years of experience in a product ownership role working directly with development teams
- 5+ years of experience in Agile software development
- Strong analytical skillsets and a data-driven approach to product design
- The ability to decompose the big-picture objectives into actionable work items for your teams
- Able to work with cross-functional teams and manage multiple competing priorities
- Presentation, facilitation and interpersonal skills
- Strong planning, problem resolution, listening and team building skills
- Ability to create elegant, simplistic designs while also accommodating the complex, technical “stuff” going on in the background.
- Preferably, have worked as a product owner for an enterprise consumer-facing cybersecurity product
- Preferably, holding a Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) certification