Our team is looking for a Product Owner who has experience in the IT industry within various roles, including development and solutions architecture. This is an opportunity to work in a mature agile environment supporting digital imagery with a team in multiple locations in the US and within a technical environment that is comprised of Cloud Enabled micro services.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Leads product definition and prioritization by working with stakeholders, developers, and internal/external customers.
• Participates/facilitates agile ceremonies including Sprint Planning, Backlog Grooming, Sprint Demonstrations and Retrospectives.
• Engages the development teams on agile values, principles and practices.
• Maintains feature backlog and life cycle of features from inception to completion.
• Assists with risk, change and dependency management.
• Delivers business requirements via artifacts such as epics, features, stories, acceptance criteria, wireframe diagrams, interaction diagrams, mockups/demos, etc.
• Assist with developing/clarifying the business case and prioritization of features and enhancements.
• Prioritize Requirements.
• Build upon requirements models.
• Grooms and prioritizes User Story backlog.
• Communication skills are a must as is ability to provide leadership on a team.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor’s Degree and at least 15 years of hands-on experience with enterprise level software development, integration and implementation with web based applications (additional experience may be substituted in lieu of education).
• An advanced understanding of service oriented architectures, micro-services, cloud enabled services.
• Experience with the following technologies: Java 8, Postgres, Spring boot, Cloud Foundry, Restful services, Eureka, Kibana, ActiveMQ, IntelliJ, Jenkins
• Experience with the development of AWS compliant micro-services, deployment of micro-services into AWS
• Demonstrate a willingness to learn new cutting edge technologies and overcome technical challenges in a fast paced environment.
• Agile/Scrum experience.
• Facilitation skills: Ability to facilitate meetings and requirements definition and be a liaison between the agile team and the train, developers and other stakeholders.
• Analytical skills: Detail oriented with ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding, distinguish presented user requests from the underlying true needs, and distinguish solution ideas from requirements.
• Organizational skills: Ability to work with the information gathered during requirements analysis and to exercise flexibility with changing business priorities.
• Interpersonal skills: Must be able to help negotiate priorities and to resolve conflicts among representatives from various business and development teams.
• Team skills: Works well with others; delivers positive energy to their team.
• Time Management skills: Ability to work in a fast paced team environment and consistently meet deadlines and work independently with minimal supervision.
• Due to the nature of this government contract US Citizenship required.
Successful candidates will be able to discuss technical architecture with software engineers and will be well versed with terms like: micro-service, web service, json, and XML.
Position ID: J0318-1675