Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Define and manage products related to eCommerce platform services in conjunction with other Product Managers
- Serve as a Product Owner in an agile development process
- Develop business/functional requirements, platform interactions, success criteria and project phasing in conjunction with internal stakeholders
- Identify, research and prioritize opportunities to optimize product performance through cost reduction, increased customer engagement and improved organizational scale
- Build relationships with engineering team to build and grow successful products through partnership
- ”Manage by influence” - lead a team of peers over which you have no formal authority
- Collaborate across departments (engineering, finance, compliance, legal, client success, product marketing, sales, etc) and other product managers to support release of “whole” product
- Demonstrate accountability for product success
- Contribute to product strategy and roadmap
- Minimum of 2+ years of direct software product management experience is required. Additional experience in professional services, project management and/or software development is also valued.
- Experience driving multiple projects from requirements gathering and analysis to solution design and documentation to release and production launch
- Demonstrated ability to lead and participate effectively in cross-functional teams
- College degree is required. MBA and/or technical degrees are highly valued.
- Demonstrated experience as Product Owner in agile development process is preferred. Scrum Alliance or PMI certification(s) for Scrum/Agile Product Owners is preferred.
- Experience with SaaS-based platforms is strongly preferred - emphasis on payments or e-commerce solutions is highly valued.
- Experience with retailers and/or large organizations in a B2B2C environment
- Ability to manage by influence and establish solid professional relationships with a variety of different types of resources
- Ability to learn quickly and become a subject matter expert in a continually evolving market - This never ends, should be a constant learning cycle
- Great communicator and willingness to share clear, concise information (both good and bad) with tact and respect for the audience - ability to confidently say “no” with sound business reasoning.