The Product Owner for Business Applications will work to improve internal employee experience using the Salesforce platform to achieve business goals by managing a team using Agile methodology. The product owner responsibilities include all aspects of user story creation and prioritization with the business and scrum team, sprint planning, sprint review and backlog refinement.
The Product Owner works in collaboration to align and prioritize user stories through development, planning, execution, testing, implementation. The Product Owner will work to together with the Sr. Product Owner, Agile Coach and other team product owners. The Product Owner will work with other POs and Scrum Teams to ensure all aspect of each deliverable is compatible and coordinates with Business Application management for resource capacity and other priorities including initiative summaries for management and Executive Leadership review, as needed.
The Product Owner is familiar with a variety of agile concepts, ceremonies, and practices. The product owner relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish each sprint. The product owner performs a variety of tasks where a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Create and continually refine a shared product vision, direction, prioritization and roadmap for Business Applications team and scrum teams.
- Continuously drive alignment of the vision with business stakeholders
- Realize vision by translating business requirements into actionable user stories for the development team
- Ensure agile values, principles and best practices are practiced in the team.
- Provide transparency into backlog and progress
- Lead the team to ensure the focus is on key priorities and there is alignment to achieve business outcomes
- Facilitate meetings / workshops, to create a shared understanding with stakeholders, and engage team members to gather requirements and turn them into user stories
- Work in a collaborative manner with other product owners, stakeholders and teams
- Influence stakeholders through strong leadership skills and lead decision making with business and technical teams
- Clearly communicate direction and priorities across all stakeholders
- Facilitate agile ceremonies of a Product Owner
- Coordinate with internal resources and /or third-party vendors for sprint execution as needed
- Lead refinement exercises, accountable for sprint readiness
- Validate delivered work against acceptance criteria and agreed upon definition of done
- Demonstrate flexibility as business priorities change
- Use and continually develop leadership skills and attend training as required to maintain agile PO proficiency and best practices
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 2 - 3 years of product owner experience
- 5 years Salesforce domain knowledge experience supporting a Global Sales, Sales Ops, Customer Success / Service and Communities business processes and organizations in application software development
- Experience successfully delivering functional and impactful products in an Agile environment; knowledge and application of Agile process and principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with diverse groups, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Experience with Agile management tools such as JIRA preferred
- Experience with Salesforce required or related CRM experience
- Understanding of service related processes is preferred
- Experience working with internal and external team members in an Agile environment