Owings Mills, MD
Industry: Accounting, Finance & Insurance•
5 - 7 years
Posted 173 days ago
As the Marketing Communications Product Owner you will craft and manage a unified solution bringing together financial services expertise, customer experience management and best-in-class marketing automation technology. You will have the opportunity deliver value to leading asset management, employer benefits, retirement and annuity firms and contribute to the long and short-term vision for the product portfolio.
The Product Owner role will work with an Agile Team and is responsible for representing the needs of our Clients and the markets they serve. You will play a meaningful role, working with the VP of Product Strategy, in defining stories, prioritizing the backlog and streamlining the execution of program priorities while maintaining conceptual integrity of deliverables for the team. You will implement rigorous product management practices and pave the way for future and ongoing product growth across a multitude of partners.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Represent clients' interests in the delivery of new product implementation and ongoing product management initiatives
- Assist in the establishment and management of rigorous processes and for the frequent, reliable and continuous release of valuable solutions
- Define and prioritize epics, user stories, enabler stories and improvement stories in the backlog, providing clear articulation for team planning, estimation and sequencing
- Participate in the development of story acceptance criteria and support acceptance test-driven development, including validation that delivery complies its Definition of Done (DoD)
- Lead team demonstrations to program partners and assist in the preparation for retrospectives.
- Design and conduct trials to test various print and digital marketing communications product and feature launches
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
- At least 5 years of financial services industry experience required
- At least 3 years of Agile experience
- Experience within Asset Management, Retirement, Healthcare or Annuity industries required
- Mindset that encourages collaboration, self-organization, accountability and a drive to deliver high-quality products
- Value collaborative teamwork analysis, design and execution for high-impact product, project, or process initiatives
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- Advanced degree(s) or applicable credentials or designations a plus
- Adobe Experience Manager, Campaign and/or Analytics familiarity a plus
- Proven Content Management, Digital Marketing, Journey Management, Analytics experience, Adobe Experience cloud a plus
- Ability to collaborate and influence in cross-functional teams
- Ability to identify gaps, program risks and take pre-emptive actions to address them
- Demonstrated technical and financial aptitude
- Demonstrated knowledge of Agile/Scrum; Knowledge of SAFe would be a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong technical writing & visualization skills
- Strong execution and product delivery skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines