Product Owner - Authentication
This position is open to candidates to work full time out of our Midtown Atlanta, Alpharetta, or Main Campus in Columbus, GA
Summary of This Role
Leads the strategic planning and rollout of Authentication products through ownership of product concepts, roadmaps, and prioritization with delivery teams. Navigates a dynamic and distributed stakeholder and development environment to build and maintain a prioritized roadmap. Owns product backlog, roadmap and release plan. Champions and supports the product development team by reducing churn and waste, removing blockers, escalating issues and offering ideas, solutions, and technical product guidance.
What Part Will You Play?
- For complex product offerings, leverages expertise in financial services markets and/or Agile software product development to drive product innovation, roadmap priorities, and requirements for the assigned product offering that serves to further distinguish our capabilities from the competition and to deepen engagement for our clients’ customers. Close collaboration with product development team is key to success.
- Collaborates closely with our leadership, sales, and client teams to pinpoint opportunities for our strategic focus, and ensures the release themes and plans align to deliver the capabilities to enable winning in the marketplace.
- Facilitates product innovation and roadmap planning sessions. Actively offers ideas, solutions, and technical product guidance on solution feasibility, approach, and high level scope.
- Participates in release and sprint planning sessions to select appropriate priorities from the product backlog for inclusion in the release priorities. Able to discern appropriate priorities from the backlog based on a variety of factors, including input from multiple teams (Market Strategy, Portfolio Management, and Client Implementations, among others), scope/sizing considerations, functional synergies, etc.
- Facilitates product scenario, epic, and solution requirements sessions for product enhancements. Actively participates in design review and product demo sessions, offering critical and insightful feedback that shapes the final product delivery to help us win in the marketplace and identify design rationale and implementation best practices for inclusion in go-to-market strategies.
- Drives effective release priority communications to ensure that all appropriate internal teams have visibility to the contents of critical commitments in the releases, as well as visibility into overall product readiness. This includes ensuring that key product decisions made within the delivery cycle are communicated and understood so that product readiness and intent are achieved. Includes driving and coordinating many aspects of go-to-market planning and execution (e.g. pricing, contracts, value proposition and messaging, etc.).
- Directs and assists technical writing team members to deliver product documentation to ensure effective internal and external communications of each release. This includes user guides, implementation guides, release notes, and various internal release communication sessions.
- Collaborates within and outside of the product management team to ensure product relevance and prioritization across segment offerings.
- Not an exhaustive list; other duties as assigned.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Bachelor's Degree
- Typically a minimum of 10 years
- Demonstarted track record in product development/management, preferably with cloud based SAAS products and/or with Agile methodologies such as User Centered Design, Lean Startup, XP, or Scrum. Solid business understanding of applicable global regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Master's Degree
- Computer Science, Economics, Business Systems or equivalent field from an accredited university.
External client-facing experience is preferred.
Experience with Agile methodologies such as User Centered Design, Lean Startup, XP, or Scrum.
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - Having broad expertise or unique knowledge, uses skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways. Having ownership of a function, account or matrix management responsibilities, uses knowledge to ensure success, strengthen relationships, expand the business, and lead matrix teams on complex projects. Barriers to entry such as technical committee review may exist at this level.
- Job Complexity - Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles. Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Creates formal networks involving coordination among groups, both internal and external.
- Supervision - Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments.