The Product Operations Manager provides the One organization operational and analytical support for our Core Banking Systems. This role will be responsible for the analysis and resolution of moderate to complex operational initiatives, participation in projects and/or introduction of new initiatives, systems, products/services and processes. The Operations Manager will proactively research new payment methods and solutions with a view towards achieving more streamlined processes and improved customer experience. In addition they will identify defects in business models and operations and conduct research, investigate workflows, business procedures, and recommend changes. This role requires experience in core banking functions and a thorough working knowledge of the operational aspects of transactions and banking products.
- Provide analytical support in an Operations function for one or more areas such as ach payments, consumer loan operations, clearance/settlement, customer service, and customer onboarding
- Provide support and assistance on all aspects of the core banking system and its integrated systems, including testing/implementations, resolving systems issues, and supporting routine user and system maintenance needs.
- Analyze business requirements, participate in functional design and document / review functional specification documents.
- When implementing new products, work with partners/vendors to determine appropriate product setup configuration in core banking systems
- Test new features and enhancements; identify and resolve a variety of system and software problems. Serve as the first point of contact for critical core servicing vendors. This includes preparing meeting agendas and following up on critical action items.
- Ensure any reconciliation items are investigated and cleared in a timely manner
- Investigate and clear queries in a timely manner, provide update and escalations of queries internally and externally, keeping stakeholders informed of any issues or difficulties
- Track defects and enhancement requests through to resolution
- At least 5 years of banking operations experience
- Strong knowledge of payment rails such as ACH, Card and Wires
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service abilities
- Strong research, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to both learn new products/services and apply knowledge
- Experience with project management
- High proficiency in MS Excel