Product Operations Manager
The Product Operations Manager is tasked with the governance, planning, and execution activities related to products. The position has responsibility to ensure that all activities are executed with attention with a high level of quality/accuracy and with a focus on continually improving product master data and associated processes. The Product Operations Manager is a results-oriented professional with a unique blend of business and technical savvy, who leads the global team that performs this function, and works closely with peers in the Product, Sales, Services, and IT organizations to continually improve systems as business needs evolve.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Ensures reliable, accurate, and accessible data that drive corporate-wide processes, systems and reporting
- Manage worldwide team (approximately 7 people) of master data specialists who ensure the completeness and accuracy of product "SKU" master data in enterprise systems.
- Demonstrates proven thought-leader abilities, broad subject matter expertise and success with SKU master data management principles across multiple applications and platforms
- Provide subject matter expertise to IT on enterprise projects, and represent the master data team on projects driven by other stakeholders (i.e., Sales, Marketing, Product Management)
- Focus on continuous improvement by leading projects and initiatives that optimize business process, reducing cycle time and cost of master data management
- Maintain master data within defined service level agreements
- Experience managing a small team of direct reports who are located in offices around the world, including coaching, setting direction, and leading change as necessary.
- Aptitude for systems integration, application development, data management/modeling, or equivalent.
- Knowledge of 8D problem solving methodology or equivalent, plus experience using the methodology to solve business problems.
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills to drive for results with a mindset of operational excellence
- Strong presentation skills, including excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Participation in senior-level presentations with executives.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in Business Administration, Engineering, IT, or a related field, MBA or Master’s degreepreferred
- 5+ years of experience managing business systems, including experience in continuous improvement
- Experience with product management or product master data is preferred
- Experience creating, setting up, and managing SKUs highly preferred
- Able to support extended hours of operation (long hours, weekends and holidays) during month-end