The Product Manager I isresponsiblefor development, launch, continuous improvement, and end to end management of assigned payment products, services and programs including features, benefits and characteristics that meet customer needs and are priced to meet the Company profit and loss objectives.
• Develops business cases to support the launch of new products and services.
• Works with third party vendors and partners to create and improve payment product experiences and functionality that are differentiated and/or leads the effort to close competitive gaps with banks and Fintechs.
• Constantly monitors profitability and drivers to improve results. Identifies key performance indicators, develops analytical processes and evaluates data on a daily basis.
• Acts as integrator/liaison between distribution channels, enterprise and marketing department influencing and negotiating options to enable the achievement of successful and profitable product enhancement and design.
• Collaborates with internal partners (operations, fraud, distribution channels) to simplify processes, drive results, and simplify Customer experiences.
• Participates in training design with the training department and others to educate appropriate staff on re-engineered or new products to support effective introductions of new initiatives. May prepare informational materials as necessary.
• Creates and presents executive-level presentations on product performance, launches and improvements.
• Bachelor’s degree or progressive work experience in addition to experience below, MBA preferred
• 5+ years related experience required
• Experience in product design and digital product management in a financial/banking environment
• Strong written and verbal communication, problem-solving and decision making skills with ability to effectively communicate with senior managers
• Ability to build strong business collaborative relationships
• Ability to negotiate and apply skills to exercise influence over others decisions without express authority and influence change
• Demonstrated experience in project management and building project plans, business cases and presentations
• Strong financial background and analytical skillset
• Understanding of debit and ACH payment rails and networks, experience with mobile wallets, P2P payments and payment transfers a plus