Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world’s creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Marketing team sets product positioning and strategy, manages product launches, and gathers customer insights. We’re responsible for maximizing our products' potential, in order to delight our users and help Dropbox grow. We partner with teams across the company, including Product, Sales, and Engineering.
Dropbox is looking for an experienced Product Marketing Team Lead who is responsible for planning and executing key initiatives and launches that encourage growth and understanding of Dropbox. Working closely with product, sales, engineering, and PR, the Product Marketing Team Lead is responsible for driving the strategy that pushes the business forward, and for growing and leading a small team of strong product marketers.
You as a Product Marketing Lead will be focused onsupporting the Premium EPD team based out of our New York City. The Premium team is focused on building into adjacent categories by leveraging our core tech, product adoption, anddistribution advantages. This lead will beworking closely with product to identify / validatethese new opportunities and bringing these new features to market to drive meaningful revenue. Some areas that this role could tackle include:
- Research and identify customer needs in order to build and package new premium features that our customers will care about in the next 12-24months
- Initiate and evaluate user research to determine the viability of new products and features
- Drive development of value proposition, positioning, and messaging architecture for new features based on user and market research
- Research and evaluate market segmentation and competitive analyses
- Drive go-to-market planning and execution for all launch activities
- Provide audience expertise and insights through a deep understanding of the customer, market and competitive landscape
- Initiate and analyze customer, market, and competitive research and work closely with the product team to support the successful development of features and launches
- Drive all launch activities for product and feature releases from inception to execution
- Develop product related creative and campaigns in partnership with our design team and agencies
- Create, advocate for and implement cross-functional marketing plans that drive growth
- Understand and be comfortable with making tough business decisions
- Build and mentor a high performing product marketing team
- 6–8years of technology product marketing/management experience
- Experience leading and growing a team and demonstrated ability to work closely with product, engineering, PR, design, and sales teams
- Natural storyteller with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to influence wide audiences at all levels, including executives, and work effectively across functions and geographies
- Track record of driving initiatives to completion successfully in a fast-moving environment
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to develop market insights, marketing strategy and analyze campaign effectiveness and ROI
- Significant experience managing agencies to execute campaigns and projects