Microchip’s Discrete and Power Management Group (DPM) offers one of the industry's most comprehensive power and RF/microwave discrete semiconductor product portfolios. The DPM encompasses four business units; Power Switching Discrete Solutions, High Reliability Discrete Solutions, Integrated Power Solutions and RF and Microwave products. DPM supports the following markets: space, alternative energy, industrial, medical, defense, commercial aviation, communications, embedded systems, motor control, power solutions, sensors, and security.
Summary: The Strategic Marketing Manager will be responsible for successful MIcrochip SAM and SOM expansion within the assigned Market Segment(s). Oversee the development of strategic market/product line business plans and marketing programs to support sales in designated market segments. Identifies volume and strategic customers and develops partnerships. Analyzes market data to identify trends/opportunities, develops strategic direction from market information, and creates compelling market analysis presentations. May conduct make-versus-buy analysis from a partnership/merger/acquisition perspective.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Establish and maintain TAM's, SAM's and SOM's for the assigned Market Segment
- Develop Roadmaps for product solutions by Markets
- Report on major new program initiatives, funding levels, funding sources, and timing
- Identify, explore and coordinate the development of new strategic initiatives as well as new product opportunities in support of strategic imperatives.
- Develop and execute promotion of new & existing product solutions by Market
- Specify New Products & Platforms; liaise with PLM’s to assess the viability of said programs
- Work with the Technical and Strategic core team to develop MRD (Market Requirement Documents) and Business Plan proposals for review
- Work with PLM’s primarily at the front and back end of the NPI process, also continuously monitor performance to plan
- Identify new Strategic technologies to develop or acquire
- Develop pricing & promotion campaigns with Tactical Marketing and Distribution Quote center, including distribution price lists
- Work with PLM’s and Tactical Marketing on developing custom business and up-screening jobs
- Evaluates and recommends marketing opportunities consistent with product line objectives
- Evaluate how to stay competitive in the market place and how Company's products can increase revenue while minimizing expense.
- Communicates customer feedback to engineering, manufacturing and sales to enhance existing products and product lines.
- Prepares materials for internal and external presentations on products, business plans and management.
- Track key industry trends such as regulatory and competitive challenges and develop plans and recommendations to mitigate and manage these emerging risks.
- Train direct, representative & distribution sales force.
- Positioning of products, capabilities, messaging what we have today – working with applications and corporate to develop high value block diagrams and value proposition leveraging the overall Microsemi capability in the market segment
- Develop and maintain relationships with high level customer representatives at Tier 1’s and OEM’s, as well as influencers (airframers, government departments etc).
Structure and interface:
Interaction with business unit and corporate tactical, market, product line, operations and sales teams:
- Work closely with Customers, Tactical and Vertical Marketing teams and sales channels in business pursuits and roadmap creation.
- Engage and share information across the Microchip structures.
- Support Tactical Marketing functions from Technical and Strategic standpoint including travel to customer base;
- Interact and liaise with Corporate Operations where needed.
Specific Business Development Tasks:
- Product Definition
- Interact with product line managers on product development activities and opportunities for both new products and variants of existing products;
- Develop and maintain go to market plans and deliverables.
- Program Management
- What is funded, when, who are the primes, etc.
- Sales Performance
- Work with Tactical Marketing on a regular basis to monitor and adjust business plans to meet Microchip sales expectations.
- Market Tracking
- Understand Market statistics and continuously monitor to adjust business plans and directions.
- Provide Insight into potential new markets.
- Sales and Promotion Tools
- Develop Block and Circuit diagrams pertaining to the assigned Market.
- Work with corporate vertical business and marketing communications teams
- BSEE or related Engineering Degree and an MSEE degree.
- 5 years related industry experience, or MSEE with 2 years' relevant experience in the Semiconductor and/or related industry
- Experience in systems applications and marketing
- Experience crafting marketing objectives, initiatives and metrics for the Defense Market
- Candidate must have working knowledge of power electronics, semiconductors, and related application areas
- Must be able to travel up to 50% of work days
- Strong negotiation skills and customer interfacing experience
- Excellent communication, organizational management, and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Clear decision making abilities
- Ability to work independently, resourceful
- Possess strong analytical and technical skill base
- Ability to give strong direction to divisions from technical perspective
- Able to learn quickly and independently and possess problem-solving skills
- Strong MS Office skills required: including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Positive, self-motivated individual who enjoys challenges
- Prior technical leadership preferred