The role reports to the Product Marketing Director and is located in Memphis, Tennessee. As a Product Marketing Specialist home and building automation, will be responsible to deﬁne, plan and ensure implementation of product marketing strategies for the assigned home product portfolio to meet business objectives in agreement with the global product strategy. Oversees marketing activities and support the Front-End Sales (FES) organization in driving sales and services of respective products. Successful candidate will assume accountability and ownership for the respective product portfolio.
- Strategy:Creates, plans and ensures implementation of the local go-to market product marketing strategy for our home/building automation offering including definition and communication of product value propositions and product positioning in accordance with the global product marketing strategy.
- Targets:Ensures achievement of product marketing targets and budgets through regular oversight, definition and implementation of improvement plans as needed.
- Business Planning:Develops and implements annual marketing plans in conjunction with US customer experience and communication teams.Prepares business plans focused on business development for a defined market.
- Market Analysis:Coordinates with cross functional and cross BU Product marketing and Sales team members to define appropriate forecasts and plans.
- Collects, evaluates and shares customer research, market conditions and competitive data.
- Sales:Oversees sales execution for assigned products by coordinating the preparation of relevant materials and guidance to Sales teams.
- Product Management:Collaborates with Business Line Global Product Managers on local standards, and installation norms to ensure local product market acceptance.
- Data Governance:Works with IT and global product management to insure master data is up to date, inclusive of price, packaging, performance characteristics etc.
- Inventory / Product availability:Works with SIOP and Manufacturing in development of a manufacturing/inventory plan to meet customer delivery expectations.
- Training:Collaborates with the Training team to Drive sales efficiency by ensuring appropriate product knowledge (technical and sales) for each Sales person. Focus on knowledge transfer of key products and customer value by application.Promotes sharing and cross-collaboration.
- BS/BA required with minimum of 5+ years of experience in sales/marketing/product management/product marketing or relevant industry required.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in United States.
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Experience with customer relations via service, visits, relationships, etc. preferred.
- Experience with home/building automation business.
- Experience in developing inventory strategies to meet customer demand preferred.
- Ability to perform competitive analysis.