Aggreko is a global leader in providing temporary power generation, temperature control and oil-free compressed air systems. Founded in 1962, Aggreko prides itself in inspiring confidence to its customers through equipment, services, relationships and the knowledge that always gets the job done.
Aggreko is looking for an experienced Product Marketing professional. The Product Marketing Specialist is focused on leading all marketing and communications for a portfolio or Aggreko’s key product and service offerings, and also adjacent products offered through strategic alliances with a small number of external companies. This position is responsible for: revenue and data analysis; development and management of integrated Sales & Marketing campaigns; product positioning and messaging; new product launches; developing product growth strategies; leading related market research; keeping abreast of industry trends and the competitive landscape; and, helping to identify new product offerings. A proven track record in product marketing is essential; experience working in or with product management is a plus.
The position is based in Houston at the company’s North America headquarters, and will lead product marketingcampaigns across multiple continents.
Essential Job Functions:
Product Knowledge (Technical product experience a plus)
- Must quickly gain a complete and thorough understanding of the business’ product portfolio, sectors and primary product applications
- In conjunction with Aggreko Sales and Marketing leaders, define and implement a differentiating product marketing strategy that helps meet growth targets
- Data Analysis: Use customer, revenue, and product usage data to identify new market opportunities, product applications and improve customer satisfaction
- Product Launches: Plan the promotional launch of new products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan
- Promotional Planning: Plan, develop and implement continuous marketing communications for assigned products and services
- Product Positioning / Messaging: Drive development of product positioning, messaging and value propositions that differentiate Aggreko’s products
- Sales Enablement & Training: Communicate the value proposition/s and differentiating attributes of the products to the sales team, and develop the sales tools and training that support the selling process
- Demand Generation: Help develop the strategy and manage the sales & marketing programs that drive demand for products and services offerings
- Partner Marketing: Work closely with strategic partner companies to integrate their products into Aggreko’s sales and marketing programs
Customer, Market and Competitive Insights
- Should be highly qualitative and quantitative, experienced with capturing and analyzing customer insights: interviews, surveys, focus groups, & product usage observations
- Maintain current knowledge of business, industry and target market sectors in order to properly communicate foundational principles and value propositions to both current and prospective customers.
- Must have the ability to conduct market research, develop customer segmentation models, and follow industry trends and drivers
- Create and maintain a competitive database including product information, product differentiators, and marketing literature
- Leverage competitive research and market analysis for assigned products to make product roadmap recommendations
Customer Loyalty Program:
Work withinternal teams to identify and understand key drivers of Net Promoter Score, develop product and service recommendations based on customer feedback.
The desired background for this position includes:
- BS/BA require, with experience in Product Marketing. Prefer a degree in marketing or a related field. MBA a plus.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in product marketing, product management, partner/alliance marketing or a related field.
- Have the skill set required to solve complex problems and the analytical skills needed to help drive the decision making process
- Must have solid Excel, PowerPoint, written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to make strong and persuasive presentations
- Strong internal and external customer focus
- Proven track record of driving results and continuous improvement
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive base salary, plus bonus, profit sharing
- Company benefit plans (medical, dental, life, disability, vision)
- Paid leave (vacation, personal)
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Company provided laptop, cell phone
At Aggreko, we’re leading with confidence, bringing advanced rental energy solutions to the world, and providing you with pathways for success. If you are interested in joining our dynamic team, please submit your resume today.
Aggreko is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.