WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at XO Group, we truly believe in doing work that matters. Through our family of brands—The Knot, The Nest, The Bump, GigMasters, and How He Asked—we inspire, inform, and cheer on our community as they move through life’s most amazing milestones. From the proposal, to creating a home and starting a family together, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE PRODUCT MARKETING MANAGER ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
We are looking to hire a product marketing manager (PMM) for our growing marketing team. The Product Marketing Manager is the bridge between the products we build and the customers we serve. We serve both prospective and existing users and pair closely with our Product Manager stakeholders on the ideation, creation, and launching of new products.
- Drive product positioning and strategy, manage product launches, and gather customer insights.
- Understand XO Group's prospective and existing users, competitors, and how to make products more compelling.
- Together with the product team, educate both internal and external stakeholders on our product features and their benefits.
- Create acquisition KPIs and determine channel marketing strategy.
- Measure and optimize the buyer journey as it relates to product feature adoption and usage.
- Work closely with consumer marketing and design to develop and execute creative and effective campaigns; launch marketing and site materials.
- Manage and execute tactical work from creating overview docs, product briefs, materials and copywriting for high-level messaging.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years of experience in product marketing or product management for a technical product.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. You know how to tell a story to a customer. Ideally, you’ve created content where none existed before.
- Experience working in product marketing throughout a product’s lifecycle.
- Excellent project management skills; able to initiate projects and drive them to completion.
- A strong orientation towards results. You can analyze user data and implement tracking to measure success.
- Experience deriving user insights from various data sources. Excellent analytical skills (experience with Google Analytics and/or MixPanel a plus).
- A proven ability to work cross-functionally and collaborate with a variety of teams (i.e. product, design, PR, email marketing, sales, etc.)
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You love our users. You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
- You do the right thing. You are respectful and act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isn’t right, you say something.
- You debate it. You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- You own your outcomes. You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You make fast decisions. You are an effective and timely communicator. You understand how to collaborate, compromise, and escalate when needed.
- You get better every day. You welcome the gift of feedback. You never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.