The Product Marketing Manager is a key member of the broader Marketing Team and will partner with our Sales, Product Management, and Demand Generation teams to create messaging, content, and tools that effectively communicate key advantages that our solutions have versus our competitors. You will also take an active role in sales enablement (tools & training) and evangelism (speaking opps, webinars, blogs, etc.).
This role provides an opportunity to positively influence and impact Thycotic’s marketing and sales success and productivity, product messaging, product planning, and marketing strategies. You will serve as the expert on your products and be the go-to source for our sales and marketing teams, arming them with insights on how to speak about the benefits of our products. The ideal candidate for this role thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced, and innovative environment, and brings strong experience in all facets of product marketing, particularly sales enablement and content creation.
This position may require up to 20% travel in the future. Ideally, the candidate will be located in the DC metro area, however, qualified candidates in other US locations may be considered. Remote candidates must be willing to travel at least quarterly to the Washington, D.C. headquarters. This position reports to the Director of Product Marketing.
- Translate the company’s business objectives, market opportunities, and product portfolio into a cohesive go-to-market plan
- Own holistic content strategy by developing product positioning, value propositions, and custom messaging that resonates with the buying audience and other stakeholders
- Develop solution messaging and overall content strategy including whitepapers, blog posts and other deliverables for your product portfolio
- Evangelize Thycotic’s story by participating in (virtual) conferences and webinars
- Own sales enablement for your products by creating compelling content, training, and tools
- In conjunction with product management, lead the product launch process and own release campaigns, communications, and materials
- Actively manage relationships with key stakeholders
- Collaborate closely with Product Management, Demand Generation, Sales, Channel, and broader Marketing team to execute Thycotic’s go-to-market strategy
- Perform market research and analysis using primary (customer, partner) and secondary (analyst, sales) sources; use this to inform product, positioning, pricing, and go-to-market strategies
Skills and Responsibilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Marketing, Business, or a related field preferred or equivalent work experience
- MBA, or a Master’s Degree in a similar discipline, is a plus
- 5-8 years full-time work experience in Product Marketing at a fast-paced technology company (ideally in Cyber Security) or a cloud startup. Experience in technology sales, solutions engineering, product management, or customer success a plus
- Pragmatic Marketing, Sirius Decisions Certifications are highly desirable
- Experience with enterprise-class security products and enterprise information systems
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information and reach data-driven conclusions about product strategy and go-to-market activities
- Self-starter who thrives in an environment where initiative is rewarded and where you can work under little supervision
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and be comfortable conversing with a wide array of technical and non-technical stakeholders