Arthrex, Inc. is a global medical device company and a leader in new product development and medical education in orthopedics. Arthrex is actively searching for a Synergy Product Marketing Manager to manage and lead our initiatives with regards to our Synergy product portfolio in the US Region. Synergy is the fastest growing video and integration solution in operating rooms worldwide. This innovative system allows health care professionals to experience the value of interconnectivity, high-quality 4k image clarity, and dynamic patient engagement applications to improve quality of care. Synergy’s operating room technology is trusted and proven, driving efficiency, controlling costs, and treating patients better. The successful candidate will build relationships with key customers and internal departments to help drive new product innovation and manage existing product lines. Excellent interpersonal, presentation and leadership skills along with five years or more of related surgical video experience and a bachelor’s degree are essential for this position. The position does require travel. Join our talented team at a global medical device company focused on Helping Surgeons Treat Their Patients Better™.
To lead in the analysis, planning, marketing and organization of the Arthrex Synergy Imaging and Integration business segment in order to optimize profit and meet marketing, financial, and corporate growth objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with product management to set priorities for promotional focus and efforts in order to best allocate resources to key growth product families
- Work with product management team to develop promotional launch plans for new products including key messaging, photography, videos, marketing materials, sales tools, digital and web strategy, ads and key word development, trade show strategy and white papers for important new products.
- Lead Product Management team with developing campaigns, marketing materials, sales tools, ads, etc. and review and communicate campaign messaging and strategy regularly with the product managers for key initiatives.
- Maintain all updates to our marketing materials and website, and monitor stock levels of product literature to ensure no runouts.
- Conducts market research as it pertains to business segments specific to new product development initiatives.
- Provides technical expertise and training to other departments in support of product development.
- Produces competitive analysis materials comparing product with its key competitors.
- Maintains communications and contacts to collect and analyze technical, financial, schedule, and sales information for product line.
- Provides expertise in particular product area and develops strategies and applicable portions of the company business plan.
- Coordinates product introduction and market exploitation with marketing and sales organizations to ensure maximum penetration of market segment.
- Provides continuing product surveillance and management of established product to obtain financial objectives.
- Prepares technical and financial reviews of the assigned projects and presents information to Senior Managers, business unit management, customer and project team personnel as required.
- Conducts surgeon and sales rep product and procedure training.
- Collaborates with a wide variety of functional areas such as sales, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, and operations to develop and provide product definitions responsive to customer needs and market opportunities.
- Defines promotional activities, publicizing the product through the press, sales force, and alternate distribution channels.
- At the direction of the Product Director, and in conjunction with members of the product team, meet regularly with Meetings and Events team to discuss priorities and timelines for preparation and promoting of products at trade shows.
- Responsible for coordinating with meeting and events and lab services teams to determine what marketing material, product and displays will be needed to be sent to trade shows.
- Responsible for the consistent delivery on an incredible educational, immersive, and exciting experience to all of our current and future customers.
- Represent Arthrex’s front line as the brand ambassador, supporting our mission to accelerate the world’s transition to advanced surgical technology, by creating memorable experiences for our customers.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with key surgeons.
- Ability to work with cadavers in a lab setting.
- Required Travel up to 20%.
- In office; Naples, FL based location; not remote
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management. Up to 15% travel may be required for training and system implementation.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5 years’ experience in medical device technologies with a preference for surgical imaging and integration required.
- A combination of both medical device sales and/or marketing and/or product management experience and/or clinical experience is preferred.
- A proven track record of sales achievements a plus
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- Excellent listening skills, including the ability to identify and isolate customers concerns or objections, in addition to excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent communication and public speaking / presentation skills are required.
- Performance and Results oriented/sense of urgency
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective decision making
- Creative problem-solving skills
- High level of attention to detail
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
- PC and various and specialized software.
- Computer proficiency in all Microsoft office applications required.