Product Marketing Manager
Less than 5 years experience • Security
Our client is a rapidly growing, well-funded, small security start-up company that is the market leader in their space and continues to expand and offers world class offerings to their customers. We are seeking a talented candidate with product marketingexperience in the securitytechnology industry to join this small company while having the opportunity to have impact within the company and input to the executive level.
This is an ideal opportunity for a qualified candidate with a strong work ethic and initiative to leverage your product marketing skills and to make your mark. The company offers a very competitive compensation package and equity opportunity for an individual that can demonstrate their special skills for this exciting opportunity and to grow with this company:
Position title: Product Marketing Manager
Location: Sunnyvale, CA. area
The qualified candidate will be responsible for the outbound marketing activities for the company’s solution including product positioning, messaging, product strategy, collateral creation, and execution of product marketing programs.
As the Product Marketing Manager, you will be part of a dynamic team that helps to shape the messaging and go-to-market strategy. You will work closely with sales, sales engineers and channels organizations in one of the fastest growing segments in technology. The ideal candidate will be able to understand market needs, provide an outside-in view, work with customers, sales, product management and other stakeholders to develop and clearly articulate the unique value that the company provides to our customers.
- Positioning and Messaging: Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates the company’s offerings from the competition. Represent these to both business and technical buyers.
- Sales and Channel Enablement:
- Develop and communicate the value proposition of the company solution to the sales team and develop sales tools to enable selling process of our products.
- Create customer case studies with input from sales team to document application stories for key target customers and train sales team on the concepts
- Conduct competitive analysis/market research:
- Develop and produce market research and detailed sales ready competitive analysis (products and technology).
- Develop compelling content in collaboration with internal stakeholders that will help drive customer engagement, thought leadership, and content marketing
- Help conceive and develop innovative marketing programs that drive demand
- Work with our webmaster to ensure high SEO ratings based on content and keeping that content current
- 3-5 years of product marketingexperience with 2+ of those years in security products/solutions
- Strong grasp of enterprise IT infrastructure including networking, firewalls, DNS, and servers
- Experience with security, threat intelligence, big data analytics, SIEM/SEM, network monitoring, forensics, security appliances and visualization tools is preferred
- Experienceworking withsales, customers, and analysts in presenting the company position and products
- Experience in marketing products and services to enterprises, service providers, and channel partners
- Self-starter who will take ownership of projects and bring them to completion, and pull in resources across the company as required
- Previous success in the development and the execution of integrated product marketing plans
- Strong presentation skills and executive presence
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel as needed
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Bachelor’s degree. MBA a plus marketing