Flexera makes the software supply chain more secure and more profitable. We help suppliers and buyers analyze what’s in their code and manage their open source and third-party components. Our market-leading products help companies around the world to stay safe, secure and in compliance with license obligations.
We are looking for a passionate, experienced and creative product marketing manager with a strong background in the security space. We’ll expect you to provide solution positioning, content development, product launch activities, thought leadership, sales readiness and persona development for our Software Composition Analysis and Installation lines of business.
You will report to the Manager of Supplier Solution Marketing and develop relevant messaging and go-to-market plans in strong alignment with business goals. You will also work closely with Product Management, Sales, Marketing and our Global Demand Center. You’ll plan and execute strategies and integrated tactics to ensure product success for our software composition analysis line of business.
- Conduct ongoing market analysis and build strong relationships with key stakeholders at Flexera to ensure relevance of messaging and programs. Build strong insights on market trends, requirements and the competitive landscape and continuously refine positioning.
- Create thought leadership and educational content as components to market awareness and demand generation programs. This includes contributing to website content, eBooks, videos and interactive content, speaking engagements, award submissions, blogs, social and more.
- Work with Sales and Sales Enablement to build and execute on a sales readiness plan. Develop solution decks, case studies, business case ROI and continuous field enablement.
- Further develop buyer personas and the buyer/customer lifecycle research.
- Manage product launches in partnership with Product Management and orchestrate efforts between Product Marketing and other work peers.
- Partner with corporate communications and PR agencies to identify and target key analysts/influencers and media outlets to drive positive coverage and preference
- Identify and partner with relevant industry associations – and develop programs for these groups
Required Skills & Experience
- BS/BA degree in marketing or equivalent
- At least 3 years product/solution marketing experience, with at least one year with a software supplier in the security space
- Proven track record of security marketing success and domain knowledge in the field of open source, software vulnerabilities and open source licensing
- Experience developing security-focused go-to-market strategies, messaging and related tactics in close cooperation with Product Management and Sales
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and strong content development skills (crisp messaging and compelling presentation of content) as well as excellent presentation, writing and editing skills
- Ability to conduct market, competitor and customer research
- Proven interaction, interface and project management with cross-functional teams including product management, demand generation, field sales and marketing agencies
- Excellent computer skills, especially Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook as well as collaboration and content management tools
- Passionate and solution-driven team worker and collaborator with enthusiasm for the software and technology industry.