ProductMarketing ManagerReturn to Job OpportunitiesJob DetailsLevelExperiencedJobLocationUSA [CA, San Diego]Position TypeFull TimeEducation Level4YearDegreeJob CategoryMarketingDescription
SmartDrive Systems gives fleets and drivers unprecedented driving performance insight and analysis, helping save fuel, expenses and lives. Its video analysis, predictive analytics and personalized performance program help fleets improve driving skills, lower operating costs, and deliver significant ROI. With an easy-to-use managed service, fleets and drivers can access and self-manage driving performance anytime, anywhere. The Company has compiled the world's largest storehouse of nearly 200 million analyzed risky-driving events, including video and comprehensive sensor data. SmartDrive Systems is based in San Diego, CA, Shenzen, China, and Hyderabad, India, and employs over 600 people worldwide.
As a product marketer, you will be in a leadership role telling the market (and company) the story of our products, services and analytics. You will be expected to be an advocate for our solutions and its benefits. Additionally, you will be charged with crafting the strategy around the messaging and marketing for new product introductions; enablement of various saleschannels, and the execution of marketing activities that support SmartDrive’s solutions. As a product marketer at SmartDrive, you’ll be expected to lead, contribute, and wear many different hats all for the advancement and support of SmartDrive’s solutions and helping to save lives.
- Works collaboratively with Product Managers on new and existing products, by offering insight on the buyer’s pain points and buying criteria, and the competitive landscape.
- Designs and executes product launch strategy including:
- Primary messages
- Product descriptions
- Problem-oriented features
- Competitive SWOT and counter-positioning
- Sales readiness and deployment
- Coordination with communications
- Helps develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates SmartDrive products in the market.
- Works with creative and public relations to shape SmartDrive’s approach to social media and digital marketing.
- Communicates the value proposition of the products to the sales team and develops the sales tools that support the selling process.
- Plans the launch of new products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Hands on collaboration with the demand generation function to develop and support the program strategy that drives demand
- Developing website content and actively engaged in setting on-line marketing plans and execution.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business or related areas of study, or the equivalent in work experience
- Experience working in and leading go-to-market activities in high-growth companies
- Experience with enterprise analytics or business intelligence solutions
- Pragmatic Marketing or SiriusDecisions background a plus
- Five to seven years of product marketing or program management experience
- Solution Selling or Target Account Selling background a plus
- Demonstrated understanding of sales process methodologies
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Must be self-directed and effective working independently, yet equally comfortable collaborating and contributing in cross-team projects
- Must thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational efficiency and multi-tasking skills
- Must be flexible and embrace change
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software products, specifically Power Point, Word and Excel
- Transportation industry, Public Relations, Channel Marketing, and Software and Hardware Technology background a plus
- Willing to travel up to 15%
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues and cross-functional teams, and third parties.
- Enterprise solution marketing experience is a plus