Start your journey in one of the most exciting and diversified roles in the company, launching and managing some of the best products in the industry! As a Product Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for putting laser-like focus on analyzing, positioning, promoting and tailoring solutions to all of the markets where we do business. We have the fastest order turnaround in the industry, and your bias toward action and ability to break down complex problems into simple steps will drive product development at that same Exemplis speed.
You will have the ability to influence product development, drive channel marketing plans, partner with key stakeholders – both internal and external – and create and execute highly successful go-to-market strategies.
As the expert in your category we'll support you with a fun, dynamic and creative marketing team that will help you achieve the highest quality work, delight our customers and ensure your success.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Gather customer requirements, define a product vision and strategy and bring your product to market while working with world-class professionals.
- Assume full responsibility for the category, including forecast, pricing strategy and overall product line strategy.
- Work closely with Customer Insights team to implement market research and competitive intelligence efforts across the category including qualitative and quantitative testing about the external market environment, customer preferences and needs and the evolving competitive landscape.
- Manage product planning and the product roadmap. Develop the multi-year strategic product roadmap for the category. Define key feature, selling points and product differentiators. Prepare product briefs and pricing strategy. Create and update forecasts based on assessments of total addressable market, brand's target share position, growth objectives and seasonality. Define product positioning within category and against competitive products.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional product development team: product design, product engineering, operations, procurement, and finance to gather critical information and develop product plans.
- Create a program strategy for your category, including go-to-market plan, launch plan, sales readiness and competitive positioning. Define key selling and messaging points and collaborate with MarCom and Creative Marketing teams to develop collateral and website content to support new and existing products.
- Guide all aspects of product lifecycle management including launch strategy, on-going category analysis and end-of-life strategy.
- Develop channel support materials including product/marketing presentations for customer meetings, roadshows and tradeshow.
- Develops and executes in partnership with Supply Chain the CMF strategy (Colors, Materials, Finishes).
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited University is required
- 3+ years working in product marketing
- MBA Preferred
- Prior P&L or Category Management responsibility.
- Additional experience in related marketing fields (market research, customer/retail marketing, digital marketing) a plus.
- Experience in Office Furniture business is a plus.
- Experience with textiles, laminates and surface materials is a plus.
- Experience in a manufacturing and/or B2B environment preferred.
- Must have strong written and verbal skills with the ability to conduct C-level presentations.