Santa Cruz, CA
5 - 7 years
Posted 293 days ago
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES including the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Plantronics consumer mobile product marketing manager will be responsible for development and execution of go to marketing plans, budget and promotional campaigns for Plantronics mobile headset products. The Product Marketing Manager manages timelines, asset calendars and material/messaging with those personnel essential to product go-to-market including product producer and development team/studio for public relations, online community relations, web content, advertising, creative, operations, finance, sales and channel marketing in the creation product marketing plan/s, product marketing budget, advertising (print/on-line) deliverables against approved well-defined, reviewed, product life marketing plan/s.
• Work closely with the product management team to initiate and produce a global, fully-integrated Marketing Requirements Document (MRD), kick off doc, schedules and finally launch and maintain as well as annual brand marketing plan. Components including budget/management and tracking, product breakeven/ROI analysis, public relations, competitive analysis, product positioning, packaging/build of materials, media planning/advertising (on line and viral ‘grassroots’) and promotional collateral design, and tactical execution of all marketing strategies
• Develop co-marketing strategic promotions and manage all drafts and contracts associated with third party and first party hardware/software/accessory and others as necessary to increase marketing, PR and sales capacity.
• Coordinate and communicate with product management in all stages of product marketing life-cycle in order to refine and optimize the product brought to market throughout analysis, focus group testing and revisions to marketing plan and asset/positioning design and communication to all other global team members
• Outline initial product kick-off document a minimum of 8months prior to product management proposed launch. Develop, maintain and communicate weekly product and marketing calendar updates to all team members by producing agendas/action items and direct support follow up next steps criteria
• Write copy for, and maintain in pre-launch, launch current/active life cycle including direct marketing to Plantronics Mobile and Product ‘active/inactive’ databases
• Produce and manage quarterly product digital asset kit and retailchannel marketing asset kit, social/viral and community asset kits of marketing collateral materials for team members use worldwide. Digital asset kit should include at least following from the master asset delivery schedule: Product box shot, screen shots, logo treatments, key art, product management interviews, ID/audio and product engineering team interviews, game audio support from influencers (music, Mobile etc.), add on components to the product and production trailers, CG trailers and any other assets worthy of team member use. Oversee development of marketing collateral, 3rd party co-marketing, and other product-related marketing with brand marketing and product management.
• Oversee development of, deployment for and representation of Plantronics Mobile product in corporate media events, activation, trade shows world wide
• Coordinate materials for production of pre-sale, launch and catalog marketing/promotions and sales and advertising metrics including social and viral web 2.0 analyses for Plantronics Mobile product line
A key function/role of this position is to collect, manage and maintain all materials related to marketing and consumer information from team mates, outside sources and co-marketing program participants and to share it with members of the product management team on a continual basis. Conversely, it is to gather pertinent product information, ideas and team questions from the product management and to share those with members of the marketing, sales and communication staffs to get answers, develop solutions, and implement new programs to support the growth and success of the product. Research and evaluate competitive products, new technologies, target markets, promotional vehicles and report back monthly via monthly status reporting
This position also interfaces closely with the outside services organizations that product community relations, trade shows, sales events as well as product management team worldwide. This person also assists the onsite product management elements – in the preparation, creation and review of all branding asset milestone calendars and timelines in product-related materials including: packaging, documentation, advertisements, press releases, contests, sales support materials, etc.
Travel to agencies supporting marketing, offices supporting co-marketing and international meetings as necessary. Also travelrequired to attend trade shows, sales meetings and consumer events worldwide as the marketing representative of the product to the public, press and key accounts/contacts. Position reports to the Director of Portfolio Business Management.