Help define and amplify the Stripe story and connect our products with users.
The Stripe Product Marketing team's mission is to generate customer insights that inform Stripe's product strategy, lead go-to-market for our suite of products, and create and execute campaigns to drive product growth. Product Marketing is a highlycross-functional role at Stripe, partnering closely with Product and Engineering, Sales, Design, Developer Relations, and Communications to name a few. Product Marketing at Stripe is unique: we work across the entire product lifecycle, from shaping the product roadmap, to driving launch and commercialization, to growing product adoption post-launch.We're looking for a highly experienced PMM to lead product marketing for Stripe's reporting and analytics applications (including Stripe Sigma). This role will collaborate with the Applications Product and Engineering team and leadership to define our roadmap and strategy, bring new products to market, and grow awareness and adoption of our applications.
- A storyteller. You have deep empathy for users and are able to adapt how you communicate to best reach and engage your audience—from developer to CFO—and differentiate Stripe. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Data-oriented. You like working with data and insights and pair that with your passion for users to generate balanced and thoughtful points of view for how totake our products to market
- Organized. You are able to manage highly interdependent, complex projects and keep various workstreams on track
- Passionate about technology. You are keen to learn about how things work and are able to explain technical concepts in ways that everyday people can understand
- Ambitious. You are eager to make an impact at Stripe. You thrive in a fast-moving, dynamic, hyper-growth environment and are able to operate fluidly between the 30,000-foot strategy level and the micro-detail to get things right. You know how to lead teammates, partners, and stakeholders through ambiguity and change
- A team player. PMMs collaborate across the Marketing and nearly every other team at Stripe. You are able to work with a range of disciplines to execute on your work
- Deeply understand how to scope and execute marketing strategies needed toreach different customer segments: talk regularly to users and prospects and workwith our Analytics team for qualitative and quantitative insights that inform your work (content, messaging, positioning etc)
- Advocate for our existing and prospective users, be informed about our competitive landscape, and become the go-to expert for your product area tohelp shape the product roadmap and strategy
- Develop product positioning and messaging informed by user research, market insights, and product understanding
- Work closely with a range of cross-functional teams—product managers, sales, design, PR, and engineering—to develop go-to-market strategy and drive launches for our products
- Help enable user-facing teams at Stripe—from Sales and User Operations to local teams in other countries
- Work with the Finance and Product teams to set pricing that aligns to the product value proposition and with our users' success
- Partner with the Product and Growth Marketing teams to track the right metrics and execute campaigns that drive awareness and adoption on an ongoing basis
- Think globally as we work to expand our solutions around the world, adapting your understanding of local market needs, competitors and pricing accordingly
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 8+ years of relevant work experience that can span marketing, product marketing, product management, operational roles, or strategy consulting
- Experience working on marketing throughout a product's lifecycle
- Understanding of finance users, ideally
We don't expect you to have all these things (but the more the merrier!).