The Product Marketing Manager will play a key role in driving product marketing for our enterprise subscription management platform. Their focus is on go-to-market strategy, concentrating on audience and persona definition, positioning, messaging development, competitive analysis, customer engagement, and partner and sales enablement programs. Recurly is an ideal environment for experienced B2B product marketing professionals with creative problem-solving and well-honed analytical skills who are passionate about harnessing a large market opportunity and scaling a business. Preference for candidates with experience at growth-stage companies who have demonstrated that they can compete and win by translating customer and market understanding into differentiated value propositions and engagement strategies.
- Market intelligence—be the expert on our buyers, who are they, how they buy and their key buying criteria.
- Understand and document our buyer’s process, including where they get information, and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make. Work with the demand generation and content teams to help them develop incisive, crisp deliverables and sharply-focused marketing programs using this knowledge.. Understand the competitive landscape—be an expert on our competition, how they are positioned and where they’re going.
- Understand and support our sales channels with an especial emphasis on partnerships; train them onthe problems we solve for our buyers and users; develop internal and external tools, presentation decks, demo scripts, competitive briefs and teach them how and when to use them.
- Plan the launches of new products and releases of new product capabilities, and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Develop positioning and messaging platforms, contribute to pricing strategy, and have a deep understanding of Recurly’s target markets.
- Work with colleagues across the company to increase customer engagement and learning initiatives that drive revenue and growth of the install base.
- Collect and analyze market sizing, sales, customer and prospect feedback to inform strategy, and support win-loss analysis.
- 3-5 years product marketing experience in a high-growth environment, with a strong preference toexperience in start-ups.
- Proven ability to drive competitive positioning and messaging as well as experience in creating messaging; experience in SaaS, payments and/or financial technologies preferred.
- Clear history of enabling enterprise sales teams to succeed and exceed their goals.
- Demonstrated reliance on data with the ability to identify trends and articulate business results achieved by past marketing initiatives.
- Exceptional planning, communications, and interpersonal skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to wear multiple hats, manage several projects simultaneously and thrive in a fast paced start-up environment
- Degree in business, marketing, finance, information technology or another related field.
Recurly is an enterprise-class subscription management platform that cuts through the complexity ofsubscription management to optimize and automate revenue growth. Founded in 2009, Recurly uses an open platform approach to easily connect with a broad variety of back-office systems. In addition toenabling lightweight and flexible custom integrations, Recurly also has powerful out-of-the-box integrations with enterprise solutions like Salesforce, NetSuite, and Avalara to provide efficiencies through end-to-end automation of billing events throughout the customer lifecycle.
Recurly's flexible architecture, coupled with deep expertise in the payments industry is validated by thebillions of dollars in transactions the company processes each year. Thousands of companies worldwide depend on Recurly to manage and optimize their rapidly-growing subscription businesses.