In this position, you will also…
- Conceive and develop innovative marketing programs that drive demand and address the needs of customers and prospects globally.
- Drive product marketing strategy and execution aligned to business unit priorities, collaborating with regional/field marketing and campaigns team to implement specific programs and campaigns that drive sales and business performance
- Develop and provide the product and portfolio related tools, materials and training to help enable the success of the sales team
- Develop product positioning and messaging that effectively communicates competitive advantage to various target audiences - including internal stakeholders, end users, and customers.
- Collaborate with central marketing teams and Field Marketing to ensure smooth implementation and execution of programs, campaigns and content creation via channel marketing
- Work closely with Product Management, Sales, and Market Development to understand and meet market needs and opportunities
- Serve as the marketing expert on a business unit’s suite of products as it relates to buying behavior, selection criteria, and competitive landscape.
- Gain insights into target audience through industry research, customer interviews, win/loss analysis and close collaboration with other functions that work directly with customers including customer support, sales, and product management.
- Contribute to development of detailed buyer personas and facilitates effective communication of these to internal stakeholders
- Manage projects under the direction of leadership.
Three reasons you should apply...
- You will have the opportunity to take ownership of marketing for specific products and work collaboratively across a globally diverse cross-functional team to drive their success.
- You will have the opportunity to lead marketing product launches and to simplify messages and stories for the sales team.
- You will be asked to use data as well as your creativity and judgment to drive effective marketing efforts that support business unit success.
This job may not be a fit if...
- You are not comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
- You are not comfortable working closely with sales teams to evangelize your products and enable selling success.
- You are not comfortable working with data to aid decisions or interacting with individuals at all seniority levels across functions.
Qualified Candidates Must Have…
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in marketing, communications, business or other related field, plus at least 5 years’ related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in B2B Product Marketing.
- Proven track record developing effective product go-to-market strategies for multiple products in a product portfolio, messaging and positioning, creating marketing plans and sales enablement tools.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate across teams in a global, matrix structure, and experience leading cross-functional teams for successful implementation of integrated marketing plans for high impact results.
Superstar Candidates will ALSO have…
- Knowledge of academic, public and professional library information market or experience marketing software solutions to these libraries.
- MBA or other relevant advanced degree.
- Experience in marketing products globally.
Other important information about this position:
- This position can be based in Alexandria, VA, Bethesda, MD, or Ann Arbor, MI office locations.
- Very limited travel of up to 10% is required.
- This position requires weekday (Monday – Friday) attendance, with occasional flexibility (Mon-Fri) to accommodate calls with colleagues in diverse time zones.
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.