- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of experience in hardware, product marketing or consumer marketing.
- Experience reaching agreements with product partners to create experiences that support brand and products.
About the job
- Knowledge of Google Hardware's strategic position.
- Ability to think strategically about complex issues, leading to thoughtful recommendations, action plans, and campaigns.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven, and tech work environment.
- Analytical mindset with excellent quantitative reasoning, creativity and strategic skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The Hardware and Retail Marketing organization is responsible for driving the growth of Google's hardware brands, including but not limited to Google Pixel, Google Home, Pixelbook, wearables and accessories. We partner with product teams to understand the user, shape the product roadmap, and bring products to market through coordinated global media campaigns. Google is committed to building radically effective experiences for customers at the intersection of hardware, software and artificial intelligence, and we're growing the team.
As a Product Marketing Manager on the Phone and accessories marketing team, you will be a critical member of the core team responsible for one of Google's most important hardware products. You will be responsible for overseeing our product marketing efforts for Pixel phones, working closely with teams to help define the product roadmap through consumer insights. You'll work closely with key stakeholders to define positioning and messaging while focusing on awareness, engagement and retention. You will work closely with strategic external partners as well as cross-functional stakeholders.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems--from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can--changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself. Responsibilities
- Define and evolve Phone and accessories product positioning, messaging and branding, work with Product Management, Research and Analytics, Engineering, Corporate Marketing and Public Relations to define and execute on product launch and adoption strategies.
- Conduct product research that offers insights into the competition, needs and wants of global consumers and identify product gaps where Google could better satisfy end user needs.
- Help cross-functional marketing and channel teams to position, message and execute marketing campaigns across multiple touch points.
- Work with cross-functional teams to translate user needs and wants into product requirements, and co-drive long-term product roadmap along with the Product Management and Engineering teams.