Picarro has an opportunity for a highly motivated individual to drive our flagship product line, Picarro Surveyor™, from transformational – launched in recent years for the natural gas industry – to the gold standard for natural gas leak survey and pipeline asset management.
Picarro Surveyor is an enterprise solution combining geoinformatics, atmospheric modeling, state-of-the art trace gas spectroscopy, cloud-based data processing, visualization, and reporting. Compared to current technologies in use, this vehicle- and cloud-based solution enables utilities to find and remediate more hazardous leaks than any other method and offers a comprehensive solution for managing the integrity of their natural gas pipelines. Online analysis and data management tools also provide insights that can be used to enhance planning, risk reduction and operational efficiency for our customers who are already calling the technology “revolutionary”. To grow this enterprise, we are looking for a highly customer-focused individual, focused on customer success as we grow our current and future products in the natural gas market.
The PMM will report to the director of product marketing for energy products and will play a pivotal role in growing this foundational product line. This is a high-impact role that is critical to our customers’ success.
This is a career-defining opportunity for the right candidate to join a well-funded, rapidly growing company, bringing truly transformative technology to market. The successful candidate will have the skills and confidence to help define and execute a customer implementation/adoption strategy and pre-sales strategy and will work with customers as well as with internal groups such as R&D, engineering, sales and manufacturing in defining and launching new products.
- Managing the entire product line life cycle from planning to tactical activities
- Assisting in specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers
- Executing a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all involved departments
- Analyzing potential partner relationships for the product
- Working with marcom staff to highlight Picarro products at trade shows and conferences and executing an outbound marketing presence
- Presenting at conferences and tradeshows
- Conducting return on investment (ROI) calculations using customer cost data and Picarro performance metrics
- Developing content for sales and support collateral for products as well as content for web, media, etc.
- Writing application notes and white papers
- Executing on transformative print, e-print and video tools that can be used to successfully market products and services
- Working closely with other members of the organization especially with engineering and operations to manage the product lifecycle
- Assisting in project management of product releases, customer field trials, demos, etc.
- At least 3-8 years of technical, product management or similar experience in a commercial setting
- Bachelor’s degree (advanced degrees a plus), ideally in a technical field of study
- Product/project management and product marketing experience in a high paced, dynamic organization and marketplace
- Must have a proven track record of outstanding performance in interacting with customers and various internal organizations
- Results-oriented team player with a "make it happen" attitude and drive for success
- Energetic, highly motivated and strong ability to influence others with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and desire to work in a dynamic, high paced environment
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Ability to Travel (domestically and internationally) to customer sites and global conferences required (up to 20%)
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to make successful presentations to individuals and/or groups at all levels of an organization, both internally and externally
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines and ability to maintain focus while working under tight deadlines
- Self-starter who can work independently, make necessary decisions and follow through with action plans
- Demonstrate the necessary skills to negotiate issues with peers, partners and customers