Arthrex, Inc. is a global medical device company and a leader in new product development and medical education in orthopedics. Arthrex is actively searching for a Product Marketing Manager to work alongside our orthobiologic product management team to help lead, plan and execute downstream marketing. The successful candidate will work with marketing, medical education and KOL’s to maximize the impact of marketing and educational efforts. Excellent interpersonal, presentation and leadership skills along with five plus years or more of related experience and a bachelor’s degree are essential for this position. The position does require travel. Join our talented team at a global medical device company focused on Helping Surgeons Treat Their Patients Better™.
The Product Marketing Manager - Orthobiologics will direct efforts on leading, planning, and executing downstream marketing for orthobiologics products and brands at Arthrex.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Sr Manager of Strategic Marketing and Product Director of Orthobiologics to develop and manage promotional planning and execution for orthobiologic products and brands at Arthrex
- Work closely with product management to set priorities for promotional focus and efforts in order to best allocate resources to key growth product families
- Responsible for developing marketing plans that include targeting, value proposition, key messaging, market analysis, competitive analysis, promotional planning, trade show strategy, sales tool development, digital and web strategy and a revenue walk for each product category
- Develop promotional launch plans for new products including key messaging, photography, videos, marketing materials, sales tools, ads, white papers and trade show strategy for important new products
- Annually present marketing plans to the leadership team and the Orthobiologics PM team
- Lead a monthly review of progress and updates for the Orthobiologic Product Director and PM team.
- Meet regularly with MarComm leadership to discuss priorities and timelines for orthobiologics product promotional assets and campaigns
- Work with Sales Leadership to develop tools and resources to support their efforts on the product lines
- Provide creative direction on campaigns, marketing materials, sales tools, ads, etc. and review and communicate campaign messaging and strategy regularly with the product managers for key initiatives
- Work with Orthobiologic HCP consultants to develop promotional ideas, review materials and support educational presentations to include key products and techniques
- Establish and review marketing analytics to support messaging, product focus, and promotional planning
- Conduct research with surgeons and reps to review and test messaging, gain feedback on materials, and obtain feedback on key products
- Work closely with the Orthobiologics project coordinator to effectively move assets through the review and approval process in the MRM system
- Travel for training, meetings, and trade shows may be required up to 25%
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in business or marketing, MBA preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in brand/product management or upstream/downstream marketing or orthopedic sales required
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the medical products industry required
- Orthopedic experience is preferred
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- Skilled in working with different functions and effectively coordinates their activities to achieve desired results.
- Excellent listening skills, including the ability to identify and isolate customers concerns or objections, in addition to excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills are required.
- Proven success in developing and executing promotional campaigns for product launches.
- Ability to develop strategic marketing plans.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
- PC and various and specialized software.
- Computer proficiency in all Microsoft office applications required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.