You are dynamic and passionate, part technologist part marketeer, who understands the enterprise IT environment. You know advanced analytics, but you also understand capabilities such as APIs. You get how these technologies incorporate into an advanced analytics platform to solve business problems.
Your role will be to educate the masses on how the SAS Platform incorporates the latest open source capabilities such as Python, R, Java and others. You will own some of SAS fastest growing products from a marketing standpoint.
We're looking for a doer, who can influence the market as well as their peers, communicate the art of the possible, come up with innovative ideas and make them concrete. We are looking for someone who is comfortable working with diverse functions such as Product Management, R&D, Field Marketing and Field Enablement, and own the message, from creation to communication.
Innovation, imagination and a clear talent for thinking outside of the box will be highly valued.
What you'll do
You will act as a primary/front-line "go to" spokesperson with audiences – both internal and external to SAS. You will create and deliver credible and unique viewpoints to differentiate SAS in the market, actively working with analyst relations, sales, field marketing, and product management to enable channel and product readiness.
- Own the SAS Platform Open Integration message, including open source and 3rd party integration.
- Translate product capabilities into value for our customers, driving the creation of key messages and stories to support decision makers and users.
- Develop and maintain relationships with influential thought leaders, consultants and partners to support awareness activities. You'll also serve as spokesperson and provide content for interactions with media and analyst communities.
- Drive thought leadership activities including articles, whitepapers, blogs, videos, customer reference and story development, speaking engagements and involvement with key 3rd party organizations.
- Identify existing and emerging technology and industry trends and articulating SAS' position regarding these trends and issues.
What we're looking for
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Marketing, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field;
- 5 years of experience in product marketing, product management, R&D, and/or technical sales support within the technology industry;
- Articulate and knowledgeable about the possibilities of Analytics;
- Experience with one or more products within SAS or another enterprise software provider.
Nice to haves
- Written and verbal communication skills are key;
- Experience leading with white papers, social media (of all kinds), web campaigns, etc;
- Ability to translate & communicate complex technical and business information to a diverse audience;
- Ability to think strategically and articulate/translate product features and customer values into user and buyer personas;
- Understanding of customer buying process and business needs;
- Ability to both work alone, self-driven as well as part of a team;
- Ability to travel as business needs dictate.
- Experience with SAS Viya offerings.
- Knowledgeable and comfortable with concepts such as the analytics lifecycle, open source software, cloud.
- Associate's degree in the same fields plus an additional 2 years of the stated essential experience.