NGINX helps the world’s most innovative companies deliver their sites and applications with performance, reliability, security, and scale. More than 300 million sites — including half of the Internet’s busiest websites — rely on NGINX. Companies like Airbnb, Box, Instagram, Netflix, Pinterest, SoundCloud, and Zappos use NGINX for advanced load balancing, web and mobileacceleration, security controls, application monitoring, and management.
Do you have a passion for innovation and bringing extraordinary new products to market? Do you want to help promote a product that’s not just good, but beloved by hundreds of millions? Have you wanted to work at an innovative open source software company? Look no further. NGINX Software, Inc. is searching for a Product Marketer to join our growing marketing team in San Francisco.
As a critical part of our marketing team, you will help establish the messaging, positioning, enablement, and evangelism of our commercial products.
You Will Have Accountability For:
- Evangelizing and driving adoption of the NGINX Application Platform, which includes our NGINX Plus, NGINX Controller, and NGINX Unit products
- Developing content, tools, and campaigns to help senior infrastructure, architecture, and developer leadership consider and evaluate NGINX technologies
- Creating awareness for NGINX’s technologies in key areas like microservices, service mesh, and IoT, as well as promote innovation in open source software
- Driving the creation of thought leadership to engage CxO buyers and influencers on the business value of NGINX products and open source projects
- Connecting with customers and the users of our open source project to define customer testimonials and case studies
- Presenting to press, analysts, customers, and at events and tradeshows to raise awareness of NGINX’s value to senior IT leadership
- Partnering with the rest of the marketing team to craft appropriate marketing programs, campaign concepts, and demand generation activity
- Working closely with product management to distill key product features and benefits into core messaging, refine go-to-market strategies, and lead product launch efforts
Ideal Candidates Will:
- Have at least 5-8years of experience in product marketing within a technology company. Experience with cloud services and/or developer tools preferred
- Have at least 5-8years of experience creating ROI, TCO, whitepapers, and business justification content for IT leadership
- Be able to demonstrate thought leadership and subject matter expertise via publications (placed articles, blogs, social postings) on a particular technology
- Be an accomplished public speaker for both internal and external engagements
- Have a passion for enterprise software, open source software, and developer tools
- Be able to collaborate effectively across a rapidly growing, global organization
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, venture-backed startup environment
- Have a passion for data and metrics-driven reporting
- Have a strong attention to detail