The Product Marketing Manager will evangelize Model N’s position in the marketplace through blogs, social media, the website, press, industry events, presentations, datasheets, white papers, videos and customer case studies.
This role will work closely with other functional departments including demand generation, product management, and sales to proactively support the field and partner channels with effective positioning, marketing assets and product education, based on a clear, concise and differentiated story.
- Identify, develop and maintain market knowledge about buyer ecosystems and personas that help define placement and the value of the Model N solutions you manage. Define purchase motivators, use-case scenarios and customer problems to enhance and maintain competitive differentiation points for sales and to inform product decisions.
- Understand how customers are using the product. Observe native habits and use these conversations/visits to determine how the product (and pending releases) should be positioned/messaged.
- Develop product value propositions that define the brand, differentiate Model N vs competitors and are relevant to our target buyers. Translate product-specific features into benefit-focused positioning and messaging for buyers and users in terms that they understand, care about, and are willing to pay for.
- Develop launch plans, and develop and deploy marketing materials based on the product’s release schedule. Translate technical capabilities into benefits to create value statements, FAQs, proof points, demos, presentations. Disseminate information in a way that will ensure consistent messaging and understanding across internal teams and existing/Model N prospective customers.
- Facilitate and oversee content creation for critical product-related topics to build awareness, consideration and preference for your products and demonstrate thought leadership that educates customers through their buying journey.
- Ensure sales, partners, internal teams and others can successfully evangelize the product with accurate and up-to-date sales tools and content relevant to each stage of the buyer’s journey.
- Collaborate with sales teams to provide product marketing support where needed, including case studies, ROI proof points, web content, etc.
- Closely collaborate with product leads to help shape the product roadmap based on feedback and experience from interactions with customers, Model N prospects and partners.
- Actively participate in development of the business case for new product development and specifically contribute to the go to market section that includes distribution, market size, target persona, competitive landscape and ensure alignment with sales quota.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a product marketing function
- Proven marketing expertise with knowledge of the enterprise applications and the B2B technology market.
- Experience in high tech, manufacturing, semiconductors or life sciences industries a plus
- Excellent and fast writer with experience creating a range of PMM materials
- Excellent project manager with experience bringing products to market with flawless execution
- Analytical and strategic, able to make recommendations on the direction of the product
- Excellent communication skills and good interpersonal skills working cross-functionally within the company and with customers
- High sense of integrity, innovative and customer-centric mindset, hard-working and passionate
- You have a global mindset, with a sensitivity to and willingness to work across cultures and timezones.
- Bachelor’s degree