- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 6 years of experience in product marketing for business-to-consumer (B2C), including marketing technology products
- Experience in managing brand and direct response marketing campaigns
About the job
- Experience in communications or with mobile phone products
- Experience working globally and developing successful and creative consumer marketing campaigns
- Ability to develop impactful marketing strategies and deliver well-structured, data-based recommendations
- Ability to build cross-functional relationships and complete marketing projects
- Ability to navigate ambiguity, take initiative, and be a results-oriented, self-starter
- Excellent communication skills
Whether you're on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (Google Ads, AdSense, Google Marketing Platform, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product's journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across Sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, you'll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
In this role, you will play a part in advancing our position in the messaging space. You'll help shape and ensure the implementation of our marketing plans to increase consumer engagement with Messages by helping to launch differentiating features and developing impactful integrated consumer campaigns. You will partner with Product Management, Business Development, Public Relations, and UX teams to help build and grow compelling product features for users and partners. You'll ideate, develop, and coordinate recommendations and the execution of marketing initiatives across our product portfolio.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems--from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can--changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself. Responsibilities
- Own the consumer marketing strategy and implementation for the Messages product.
- Develop integrated marketing campaigns from ideation to successful execution, enabling consideration and engagement for Messages across markets globally.
- Partner with teams (e.g., Product Management, Business Development, UX, and Communications) and agency partners on creative and direct response campaigns, adoption of features, and product roadmaps. Ensure business support for marketing strategies.
- Own Messages planning, budget, and key marketing processes.
- Collaborate with other Marketing teams (e.g., Android Marketing, etc.) to ensure that Messages is included in campaigns.