Product Marketing Manager, Learning Products
at Udacity (View all jobs)Mountain View, CA
Udacity's mission is to democratize education. We're an online learning platform offering groundbreaking education in fields such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, robotics, virtualreality, and more. Focused on self-empowerment through learning, Udacity is making innovative technologies such as self-driving cars available to a global community of aspiring technologists, while also enabling learners at all levels to skill up with essentials like programming, web and app development. If you love a challenge, and truly want to make a difference in the world, read on!
We’re hiring a team of Product Marketing Managers for our Global Growth and Marketing team. Each PMM will be responsible for leading the growth of our Nanodegree programs in a specific field: Software Development (web/mobile/VR), Autonomous Systems (self-driving/robotics/flying car), or Business (digital marketing/AdWords). These programs are among our most popular offerings, so this role is critical to the company’s future success - both by expanding their audiences and by informing the development of the next generation of cutting-edge Nanodegrees.
In this role, you’ll also be responsible for overseeing our product marketing strategy, defining our target audience, and executing go-to-market plans for these programs. And you’ll work across the company on all these initiatives, including being a thought partner on channels, partnerships, and content.
- Lead market research into student demand for professional education and identify massive untapped opportunities.
- Develop and execute go-to-market plans for new Nanodegrees, working cross-functionally across our Content, Design, Legal, Finance, and Marketing teams to deliver significant enrollment at launch.
- Design and execute growth plans for existing Nanodegrees, working with teams across multiple channels to deliver ongoing growth.
- Position both existing and new Nanodegrees to best match the needs and desires of prospective students.
- Be a thought partner and leader within the larger marketing team to rapidly plan, execute, and optimize paid and non-paid acquisition campaigns across multiple channels - including SEO, PPC, affiliates, content marketing, social, and email marketing.
- 8+ years in a marketing role
- 3+ years of product marketing experience, with a specific focus on the following areas:
- Market research - including segmentation and value proposition design
- Go-to-market planning - including a track record of successful cross-functional launches
- Growth optimization - including tactical execution of campaigns for mature products
- Marketing analytics - including experience with industry-standard platforms (Google Analytics, Google AdWords, and Facebook Advertising)
- Content development - including web copy, emails/ads, and presentations
- Experience with B2C digital marketing
- (bonus) Experience working in a fast-paced startup
- (bonus) Knowledge of one or more Nanodegree fields - Software Development (web/mobile/VR), Autonomous Systems (self-driving/robotics/flying car), or Business (digital marketing/AdWords)
- (bonus) Experience taking online courses as a student
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.