Product Marketing Manager, Interconnection
Equinix is one of the fastest growing data center companies, growing connectivity between clients worldwide. That’s why we're always looking for creative and forward thinking people who can help us achieve our goal of global interconnection. With 200 data centers in over 24 countries spanning across 5 continents, we are home to the Cloud, supporting over 1000 Cloud and IT services companies that are directly engaged in technological innovation and development. We are passionate about further evolving the specific areas of software development, software and network architecture, network operations and complex cloud and application solutions.
At Equinix, we make the internet work faster, better, and more reliably. We hire hardworking people who thrive on solving hard problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. Our culture is at the heart of our success and it’s our authentic, humble, gritty people who create The Magic of Equinix. We share a real passion for winning and put the customer at the center of everything we do.
- Lead and collaborate with cross functional teams to generate plans to increase awareness and execute product line specific go-to-market strategies (GTM) and plans associated with the existing product portfolio and new product launches
- Define clear and actionable GTM strategies for the platform and each strategic product including segmentation, targeting, competitive positioning, buyer persona and process mapping
- Build and drive comprehensive plans with regional counterparts with regard to awareness, nurture, inbound/outbound activation, influencer relations, demand generation and promotions
- Develop product portfolio and platform capabilities into compelling solutions for customer’s critical IT business problems
- Represent product marketing and create GTM strategy for product releases. This includes understanding the new functionality, determining internal and external impacts, then building out appropriate communications and training plans
- Work with the regional teams to gain voice of the customer to drive market-based product development and enhancements to existing products
- Sales Enablement - Work with sales enablement, Solution Architects, other groups to identify knowledge gaps across all channels. Design and deliver training, tools and support resources to address market needs
- Manage the global planning and execution of GTM strategy and plans, in conjunction with regional product marketing, core product, business development, vertical marketing and partner marketing teams
- Own and manage key internal and external collateral such as pitch decks, datasheets, product pages on Equinix.com, and customer communications
- Support customer meetings, industry conferences, analyst briefings, and partner forums as the product Subject Matter Expert (SME)
- Act as global expert on the competitive landscape, market requirements and overall product needs for the region
- Accountable for end-to-end product launch activities
- Manage global product positioning and messaging that establishes the need for Equinix products in the market and differentiates them against the competition and substitutes
- Effectively leverages and maintains relationships with key stakeholders throughout the company and ensures alignment in cross-functional priorities and activities
- Review market research to identify new opportunities
- Monitor the evolution of customer segment needs and market and industry developments to help with strategic product planning including new services, markets, IBXs etc.
- Ensure smooth handover of new products/services from product development/core product management, to regional marketing, sales and sales support teams in the regions
- 5-7+ years with business or technology focus, with at least (3) years in product management or product marketing preferred
- Product management and product marketing experience gained from IT/Telco MNC’s (experience in colocation, networking, cloud connectivity and network virtualization ideal); experience in high-growth business sectors
- Market knowledge in colocation, interconnection, network virtualization and cloud networking
- Ability to analyze business issues and identify, design & implement effective practical recommendations
- Customer-facing and market-facing experience
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships with marketing peers, sales leadership and key functional areas within the business.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Sets high personal standards and is goal oriented
- Effective communications skills, both verbal and written
- Able to operate in a performance driven organization
- Culturally aware and adept at working across multiple geographies
- Good product lifecycle management skills
- Proven project management skills
- Good technical acumen and understanding of colocation, networking, clouds, SDN, portals, digital customer experience
- Good analytical, problem solving and planning skills
- Willingness to travel within and on occasion, across regions
- Bachelor's degree in business / marketing, MBA or equivalent preferred
We offer Medical, TeleMedicine, Dental, Vision, Life and AD&D insurance, 401K, Leave of absence & disability benefits, paid time off & holidays and more.
For Colorado residents, annual pay ranges between $106K-132K with 20% bonus.
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.