What you'll do
- Lead, develop and launch marketing plans for products and services with: Consumer Insights, Marketing, Engineering, Product, Finance and Customer Care teams.
- Identify and understand our key customer segments for products, and collaborate closely with Consumer Insights to determine what customers want.
- Partner closely with Health Brand Manager and Product Science leaders to ensure alignment and cohesive product positioning, strategy and future vision based on customer needs.
- Follow trends in health tech to keep track of what is in the market and influence pricing/value to consumers.
- Represent existing customer perspectives and insights to: our senior executives, our product team, our marketers, key partners and the company at large.
- Serve as an inspiring leader anticipating consumer needs and driving critical customer decisions. Which features should we include in the next version of the product? How important is mobile in the consumer lifecycle?
- Establish positive relationships with Product, Product Science, Engineering and other cross-functional groups to enable better collaboration and communication across groups.
- Lead new, strategic initiatives that further differentiate our products. We can't tell you what they are, but they are the most important things we are working on.
- Focus on our competitors, their offerings, and how they serve customers in the same segment. Can we learn anything from them?
- Lead efforts to hone our product positioning, messaging and value proposition across marketing channels.
- Develop communications documents that serve as a source of truth for marketing and product teams.
- Forecast how well new initiatives will do under various scenarios. Think of new projects and products as businesses that you will run.
- Conduct tests to understand what will work (and what won't).
- Be ground zero for new product launches. How do we tell the world about them? Can we put marketing dollars behind them? What will the PR people say?
What you'll bring
- MBA strongly preferred.
- 5+ years experience in marketing, brand management, product marketing or related.
- Deep curiosity about consumers.
- Interest in health genetics and related topics: diagnostic tests, exercise, longevity, quantified self, performance.
- Deep understanding of relevant technologies: health products and services, the internet and computers, mobile.
- Teammate. You can lead a matrixed team from consideration all the way through execution.
- Multidisciplinary. You can build a model, jury-rig a screenshot, PPT your point of view, write well.
- Fast study. You learn quickly and can roll up your sleeves.
Valid Through: 2019-10-14