Position at Gogo Commercial Aviation
Provide direction and expertise that drives the next generation new product launch activities across the Inflight Entertainment and Connectivity (IFEC) product portfolio. The Product Marketing Manager will own the go to market plan and product positioning for the suite of IFEC products.
The Product Marketing Manager is expected to have deep understanding of the market forces within the portfolio, including technology, competition, and consumer expectations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Continuously assess global competitive products and strategies
- Collaborate in the development of global business cases to estimate revenue and profit opportunities
- Work closely with select customers, and internal teams to document market requirements
- Create and maintain Gogo product communication strategy and messaging, as required
- Conducts market research to understand industry and consumer factors affecting product strategies
- Collaborate with Product Management team in sales product training
- Define overarching product messaging, and drive into global product material (e.g., demos, sell sheets)
- Attend trade shows / conferences relevant to products
- Assist Sales with customer presentations (as the “product expert”)
- Demonstrated success in executing new product launch and go to market activities
- Clear passion about Gogo portfolio and ability to identify possibilities in our industry
- 5+ years of relevant product management, product marketing, or similar experience
- Ability to be self-directed to solve business issues
- Ability to communicate complex concepts to executive team with proven experience driving decision making
- Ability to detect and describe emerging market trends and communicate this to internal and external audiences
- Creativity in managing culturally diverse customers, changing requirements and shifting priorities
- Undergraduatedegree in engineering, computer science, marketing or related business degree, MBA or MIS desired
Gogo’s worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse group of technologists, marketers, strategists, and any other function you can think of- all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that’s just the beginning.