Whether you're on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (AdWords, AdSense, DoubleClick, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product's journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a loyal consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, you'll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
As the Product Marketing Manager for Global Chromebooks, you'll lead key marketing initiatives to lead Chromebook business growth in partnership with Google product teams, OEMs, and retailers.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems--from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can--changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- Develop product positioning of Chromebook devices in the industry and lead marketing programs to increase brand consideration and sales.
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to build a competitive Chromebook hardware line-up based on consumer insights and competitive intel.
- Partner with Business Development teams to develop strategic relationships with OEMs. Determine positioning for launches, and help plan and execute co-marketing campaigns and programs with OEMs that drive Chromebook brand consideration and device sales.
- Develop the Chromebook hardware retail strategy in partnership with Retail Marketing and Go-to-Market teams to drive product messages through channel marketing and retail execution at both online and offline retailers.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience in brand/consumer focused marketing.
- Experience creating and executing B2C marketing strategies for consumer electronics products.
- Experience working with Product and Engineering teams to ingrain brand positioning and consumer insights into product strategies.
- Experience planning and managing large-scale, complex projects, and coordinating and collaborating with cross-functional team members, both internal and external, to deliver quality results within the project deadlines.
- Experience working with external partners to build co-marketing programs.
- Ability to work with data and analytics of marketing program results.