Come join the First American Database Solutions marketing team, supporting our Mortgage Analytics solutions. First American Database Solutions (DBS) is the leading provider of business insights and data solutions to the lending, legal and settlement services industries. Our suite of Mortgage Analytics solutions help lenders navigate the ever-changing housing market environment. All Mortgage Analytics products have rich data assets and deep analytics to help solve current business problems across loan life cycle, including borrower fraud & verification, ownership data and property valuation, and regulatory compliance. With offices in all major metropolitan areas, including California and New York, DBS teams work collaboratively from across the country.
As a product marketer, you will be a leader on the team responsible for telling the world (and company) the story of our Mortgage Analytics solutions. You will be expected to be our chief advocate for a specific feature set and its benefits. Additionally, you will be charged with the crafting & execution of strategy for messaging, positioning and marketing of product launches. You will act as the ‘voice of the customer’, carefully researching customer needs and experiences. You will develop and execute innovative strategies and marketing campaigns that drive demand and collaborate with Product Management and Sales to create sales enablement tools to support sales activities.
Essential Responsibilities & Functions
- Together with the product team, educate both internal and external stakeholders on our product features and their benefits.
- Create content (e.g. sales documentation, product videos, website copy, blog posts, Quora, and other forums) to articulate the benefits of our products to the world.
- Speak and present both internally and externally to promote the story of our product.
- Measure and optimize the buyer journey as it relates to product feature adoption and usage.
- Plan, create, execute, analyze, optimize and report on marketing campaigns to ensure they meet or exceed defined business objectives
- Create multi-touch demand gen campaigns to nurture and drive leads for key sales/business development activities
- Provide insights and recommendations throughout marketing campaign
- Continuously analyze campaign results and take data-driven actions in key areas of opportunity
- Identify strategic partners, such as advertising vendors, with potential to drive positive business impact. Responsible for product promotion and work with other business partners to deliver business results
- Develop and foster relationships with internal and external stakeholders, such as sales, product management, corporate & divisional marketing, and key vendors/partners
- Communicate project updates, status, timelines and results
- Maintain a pulse within financial services and FinTech industry, keep up to date with trade publications on FinTech, startups and disrupters entering the market and the ways our tools adapt to those services, target them as prospects, or compete
- Remain informed and educated about current marketing methods and apply that learning to programs and campaigns
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Proven marketing expertise in Mortgage technologies required, particularly in mortgage origination
- Acute understanding of pain points and vernacular in mortgage loan production and loan lifecycle
- Ability to articulate value proposition for key buyer and user personas within lending mortgage origination.
- Proven expertise in digital marketing, product marketing, and/or product management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills — there is a heavy amount of writing and presenting/selling ideas in this role.
- Prefer working in a collaborative, cross-team capacity. This role requires you to work across functions and departments to bring mortgage analytics solutions to market for promotion, growth and adoption. Expected to maintain visbility and updates on tasks and content status to team member in tools like Asana, Basecamp, SmartSheet, etc.
- Experience with marketing automation tools, such as Hubspot. You will be expected to develop and manage campaign dashboards, managing relationship with sales to ensure lead hand off and reporting is optimized.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and respond quickly to emergent problems; strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple, ongoing initiatives
- Ability to think critically and adapt quickly in a flexible environment. Ability to translate sales requests and projects into marketing tactics while maintaining and balancing the bigger picture of organizational objectives and revenue drivers
- Strong analytical skills and ability to create and present reports and data relevant to the performance and outcomes of marketing initiatives
•Typically requires a Bachelor's degree
Typical Range of Experience
- 5-7 years of experience
- Mortgage technology product marketing
- Familiarity with data and applicable uses of (sometimes abstract) data concepts into SaaS products and services
- Experience in campaign/program strategy, planning and execution
- Proven experience managing profitable campaigns across a variety of channels.