Job ID 2017-2024
The IT world is evolving. New technologies. New trends. New opportunities. There’s true excitement surrounding the future. That’s where QTS comes in. We’re fearlessly leading the way by redefining what it means to be a data center. We innovate next-generation cloud and hybrid solutions. We deliver a fully-integrated I.T. platform from top to bottom – one enabled by technology and world-class infrastructure. Simply put, we’re defining the curve.
As one of the nation’s largest and fastest growing data center companies, we help manage and protect critical data during a time of unprecedented change. The power of QTS' innovation happens when smart, creative people with a unified vision collaborate to break new ground, solve new problems, and create new solutions to improve lives.
We are powered by our people.
At QTS, we know where IT is going. And we’d like to invite you to join us.
This is a newly created position for an experienced, self-driven technology Product Marketing Manager – Federal & Compliance. The ideal candidate has experience bringing cloud, hosting, data center, security, connectivity or managed services products to market and driving their adoption. This includes arming sales with the knowledge and tools they need to be successful, developing content and customer-facing collateral and presentations; as well as outlining the marketing programs required for demand generation. An understanding of highly regulated vertical markets including government, healthcare and financial companies is desirable. The candidate chosen for this role will start by creating and executing a product marketing plan that aligns with the target sales revenue objectives for this segment.
The Product Marketing Manager and the Product Manager roles at QTS complement one another bringing combined strength to the Product team. The Product Manager owns the strategy behind the product roadmap, while the PMM defines the market opportunity and the position within the context of the overall product strategy. The Product Marketing Manager works collaboratively across all business groups at QTS including Corporate Marketing, Sales and Product and is responsible for applying data-driven competitive intelligence to supportproduct roadmap decisions, go-to-market planning, positioning and messaging. The ability to segment the market and construct buyer personas for the purpose of creating the right content, demand generation programs and quality leads is very valuable.
RESPONSIBILITIES, other duties may be assigned
- Serve as the subject matter expert (SME) for the assigned product area
- Manage the full product lifecycle for marketing activities of assigned QTS products
- Develop go-to-market plans to drive revenue from segments, geographies and strategic partnerships
- Conduct and maintain competitive analysis for assigned product area
- Understand the positioning of each product relative to competitor offerings
- Engage with Marketing around understanding buyer segments and how to generate demand
- Generate content for high impact product marketing collateral (i.e. datasheets, brochures, eBooks and whitepapers)
- Develop assets to help Sales teams consultatively position and sell solutions (i.e. playbooks, battle cards and case studies)
- Communicate the product line along with the broader company strategy to internal and external audiences
- Provide pre-salesmarketingsupport for top revenue-generating sales opportunities and strategic deals
- Regular travel is required
- BA / BS in Marketing or equivalent professional work experience
- Seven or more years of related professional experience in B-to-B product marketing
- Experience translating product capabilities into compelling value propositions and world-class solutions
- Passionate about technology, with strong written and verbal skills
- Experiencemarketing services to the Federal Government
- Knowledge of cloud, hosting, data center, security, ecommerce, connectivity or managed services technology
- Understanding of compliance regulations such as FedRAMP, HIPPA, HITECH, SOC and PCI-DSS
- Experienceworking withmarketing intelligence and technical or industry knowledge of the buyer and product
- Experience leveraging agencies and external partners for the most effective and efficient execution of programs
- Strong business acumen with prior sales, account management or product management experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally
- Strategic thinker but detail-oriented implementer
- Strategic go-to-market experience at the product-level with a long-term view for success
- Experience selling into regulated industries including the Federal, Health, Financial and Insurance market segments
- Skilled at providing Sales with the tools needed to successfully engage buyers throughout the buying process
- Experience building unified content strategies (and writing content to be purposed across website, sales enablement, demand generation and thought leadership initiatives)